Once You Try Them - You Can't Live Without Them

Review by teenagewoodworker posted 06-17-2008 04:53 AM 1750 views 0 times favorited 10 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Once You Try Them - You Can't Live Without Them No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

i just got my new worktunes headphones and i have got to say that i love them. they are wonderful to use. the ones that i got have just an am/fm radio but you can also get ones to hook up to your ipod. the radio ones cost 50 and i think the ipod ones are around 80 or 90. they are very heavy duty and seem like they will last a lot longer than the other pairs that i have got before. they are nice to have when using the table saw and the miter saw but where they really shines is while ripping a lot of lumber, milling lumber, and most of all sanding. when i am just turning a tool on and off sometimes i don’t even turn the radio on because its not worth it but when you are sanding for 30 minutes continuously they are a really great thing to have. in general if i could do this again i would buy the ipod ones just because they are more versatile and sometimes i would like to use my ipod with them, but that is my fault not the headphones fault so ya i would buy these again if i had another chance.

View Moron's profile

Moron

#1 posted 06-17-2008 05:33 AM

I have a set of ear muffs/protection which let me hear people talk yet muffle “tooling” sounds, they are perfect because the little dial on the side of the ear muff is adjustable in that if another person talks too much I can turn them off. In the event of an accident which sometimes can and does cause serious and potentially pernament hearing loss…................the ear phones automatically shut out that noise.

If I was ever a boss in a shop that was attempting to make a “go” at making money in that used serious power tools and required people to “pay attention” then cell phones and Ipods are left in their locker…....some acceptions reviewed.

I have never heard a radio/CD etc blaring in a libraery. and woodworking requires people to pay attention in the event they are being paid.

Cheers

-- "Good artists borrow, great artists steal”…..Picasso

View moshel's profile

moshel

#2 posted 06-17-2008 10:43 AM

I believe that the brand is peltor and not worktunes. I have the noise thingie like roman with the AM/FM and it is great. I think that the noise enhancement/cancellation is worth every cent, as working without hearing your environment while woodworking is really dangerous.

-- The woods are lovely, dark and deep, but I have promises to keep...

View Eric's profile

Eric

#3 posted 06-17-2008 12:20 PM

Great review – glad you are enjoying your new purchase!

-- Eric at http://adventuresinwoodworking.com

#4 posted 06-17-2008 02:43 PM

ya like i said above for most things with the table saw and tools where you are paying attention i don’t really even turn it on but for sanding its great.

View Bill Akins's profile

Bill Akins

#5 posted 06-17-2008 03:52 PM

I have a set of plain old ear muff protectors, no sound. I like to put the ear buds in from my mp3 player and then the ear muffs over it. Works great. Only on sanding though.

-- Bill from Lithia Springs, GA I love the smell of sawdust in the morning.

#6 posted 06-17-2008 05:06 PM

ya i did that before Bill but that was uncomfortable a bit for me so i got these. like you i use it for the majority on sanding but it does work good on other tasks to. I don’t blast the music or anything i just have it on. nothing that takes my mind off pf the task at hand I’m still fully focused on what I’m doing just its nice to hear the radio in the background. almost like how they did a study with athletes that when they are focused it doesn’t matter whats around them its only the task at hand and that is how they so so well and stay so focused even with all the pressure and noise around them.

View VicH's profile

VicH

#7 posted 06-18-2008 05:19 AM

I’ve got the AO Safety Worktunes. It limits the music or radio to 80dbs. I use them even when I’m using the gas powered weedeater and can hear my iPod fine.

-- Vic in Pasco, Washington "It is what it is"-unknown author

#8 posted 06-18-2008 12:15 PM

ya i mow lawns during the summer and i love the worktunes for that.

#9 posted 06-20-2008 07:14 PM

did I miss the price mentioned anywhere ?

#10 posted 06-20-2008 07:17 PM