giant Triton router

Review by csifishguy posted 207 days ago 2350 views 0 times favorited 10 comments Add to Favorites Watch
giant Triton router giant Triton router giant Triton router Click the pictures to enlarge them

Just got my router today and installed it on my grizzly 1023 router table extension. I really like it. I had to drill a hole as you can see so I can use the above table height adjustment tool, that was kinda scary if you look close I screwed up and drilled 2 holes hahah but its gonna work out I can use the extra hole that lines up with the gauge on the crank what I am planning on doing is filling the hole with something that will stand out and look good. , any suggestions would be greatly appreciated on the hole filler. Any how it raises and lowers with ease and from the top you can change bits with only one wrench and a quarter turn, thats why I bought this router.

View mantwi's profile

mantwi

Thread it for a starting pin for free hand work. It’s much safer to pivot the work piece in from a solid point than to simply push it in unsupported for the initial cut. Control is the name of the game.

I wouldn’t work about the hole. My router plate looks like Swiss cheese.
Nice router, you got a good one.

csifishguy

Thanks guys I thonk I will pin it thats a great idea, thanks

View Craftsman on the lake's profile

Craftsman on the lake

2364 posts in 2035 days

I’ve been using this monster in my table for years. Other nice features is that the switch locks off and then when you raise the bit up it locks the shaft for you. Also, this thing has lots of power. I have a tiny trailer that my tahoe doesn’t even know is behind it. This router takes a big bit and doesn’t even know it’s there. No slowing down at all.

Customer service has also been good.

View MT_Stringer's profile

MT_Stringer

You could fill the hole with JB Weld epoxy.

Question for the OP – do you have any dust collection attached to the router? I have the same saw with a Bosch 1617 mounted under the table. It has an adapter for a DC hose. I have been considering the Triton as my next router purchase.
Thanks.
Mike

-- Handcrafted by Mike Henderson - Channelview, Texas

csifishguy

Thanks mt stringer. Yes I found a guy on this site that made a great fence that has a built in dust collector and it works great.

View MT_Stringer's profile

MT_Stringer

Thanks.

-- Handcrafted by Mike Henderson - Channelview, Texas

View AntarcticTraveler's profile

AntarcticTraveler

Hi everyone, very new to woodworking. A few questions on the Trition. After the bit height is adjusted to where you want it to be, is there a locking mechanism such that the bit doesn’t wander up or down when in use? If using Ridgid’s R4512 TS, should the added router table go on the left or right extension? Is this up to us to decide when we are mounting it? Is there a better side it should be mounted on? Is a phenolic plate better than an aluminum plate or the other way around? Thank you in advance for your answers.

-- antarctic_traveler@gwy.org

View bigfred's profile

bigfred

has anyone trouble with 1/4 collet sticking in the triton 3 1/4 hp router. I have not tried the 1/2 collet.

csifishguy

I have not had trouble with mine because I am to afraid to use a 1/4 bit , I work at the morgue and saw one break off and kill a guy so I stick with 1/2