Great hinge for cedar chest

Review by CharlesA posted 242 days ago 1266 views 4 times favorited 2 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Great hinge for cedar chest No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

I forgot to take a photo of this hinge installed in a cedar chest before I gave it to it’s intended recipient. This is a stock photo.

This is a well engineered solution when you want a hinge that will hold the lid open and you want a soft close. It comes with directions for a 70 and 105 degree openings, but you can adjust for other size openings with trial and error or good math skills.

I followed advice from the forum and used a piano hinge coupled with two of these. I had trim around the too interior of the chest, so I couldn’t use one that required attachment to 3/4” stock.

A number of similar items I saw n the web looked cheap. I don’t have any idea of how long this will last, but it looks like a really well built piece of hardware. Highly recommend.

View CharlesA's profile

CharlesA

View Handtooler's profile

Handtooler

I know I’m not seeing your installation, but that’s a wonderful hinge and support rod for aa cedar chest toy box or blanket chest. Thanks for sharing.

-- Russell Pitner Hixson, TN 37343 bassboy40@msn.com

Nice post. I bought some lid assists from rockler and no where on the package did it say for use only on 3/4” chests but found the info on line. I was furiuos with Rockler as they wood not take them back and did not seem to care I made 6 screw holes that would not work in an expensive projct. I will look into these thanks for the info.