Grizlly G0656X 8” Jointer with Spiral Cutterhead

Review by woodmaker posted 12-27-2013 03:41 PM 2733 views 0 times favorited 10 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Grizlly G0656X 8” Jointer with Spiral Cutterhead No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

Well, my lovely wife presented me an early Xmas present in November so I could Umm, make Xmas presents. so I ordered the Grizlly G0656X 8” Jointer with Spiral Cutterhead.

I made a bunch of cutting boards so I ran a lot of walnut, Cherry and Maple through this jointer and it never missed a beat.

I’m not going through all the hoopla of shipping/receiving and uncrating except to say it takes two to get that aircraft carrier of a cutter up on the stand. This beast weighs in at 600 pounds and it doesn’t move an inch when pushing lumber through. It runs very quiet and is virtually vibration free. I am in love with this machine, all my jointed edges are tight, real tight.

I have the absoloute perfect wife!

View whitebeast88's profile

whitebeast88

#1 posted 12-27-2013 08:51 PM

thanks for the review,thats a pretty sweet jointer,enjoy!!!!

-- Marty.Athens,AL

#2 posted 12-27-2013 09:03 PM

Nice machine.

View ScottKaye's profile

ScottKaye

#3 posted 12-28-2013 02:45 AM

want to trade wives?

-- "Nothing happens until you build it"

View RibsBrisket4me's profile

RibsBrisket4me

#4 posted 12-28-2013 03:42 AM

Tight joint make woodworking so much more fun. Congrats on the jointer!

-- http://www.PictureTrail.com/gid6255915

#5 posted 12-28-2013 05:43 PM

Nop not trading my wife – ever- this kind of wife is too rare.

View danoaz's profile

danoaz

#6 posted 01-01-2014 04:26 PM

She’s a keeper…and the jointer isn’t half bad either.

-- "Simplicity and repose are the qualities that measure the true value of any work of art." Frank LLoyd Wright

View Bobsboxes's profile

Bobsboxes

#7 posted 01-01-2014 04:49 PM

Congratulations on new jointer, I have this jointer also, other than the original setup, this has been a gem. Also on a safety note, pay attention, use good safety push blocks, respect the 8” cutter head that is always exposed at end of cut.

-- Bob, Lewistown, Montana. Kindness is the Language the blind can see and deaf can hear. - Mark Twain

View Woodbum's profile

Woodbum

#8 posted 01-03-2014 02:52 PM

I just recently bought the 6” version – not enough room for the 8” that I wanted. I love mine too. Congratulations on a great new tool, and a very generous and thoughtful wife!

-- Improvidus, Apto quod Victum-- Improvise, Adapt, Overcome

#9 posted 01-08-2014 08:09 PM

I started to buy the 6” but after a few minutes decided on the 8”, I knew I wouldn’t be satisfied with the 6”. I wanted a 12” but space and lack of funds ended that idea.

I use my 8” in a garage so maneuverability is tight but a little seesawing back and forth and I get where I need top be.

View Steve Cherry's profile

Steve Cherry

#10 posted 02-27-2014 02:41 AM

I searched for Grizzly jointers and found one with “Parallelogram Beds”; what does that mean exactly? and how can you quickly determine if the jointer you are looking at is a spiral cutter head type? Thanks for the review and shopping assistance.

-- Steve - Seaford, DE