Ridgid EB4424 Oscillating Edge Belt / Spindle Sander

Review by woodmaker posted 12-27-2013 03:26 PM 2856 views 0 times favorited 19 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Ridgid EB4424 Oscillating Edge Belt / Spindle Sander No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

Well, Ms. Santa has been nice to me once again. I casually mentioned this once upon a time to the wife while at Home Depot and lo and behold I find it under the tree.

I love this thing! Works great, no complaints. Yes I have used the snot out of it already. I really like the edge sander the best.

View Richard Hillius's profile

Richard Hillius

#1 posted 12-27-2013 03:47 PM

Congratulations on your new tool.

I have had one of these for some time and I consider it one of the true bargains in the bargain tool categories.

View ellen35's profile

ellen35

#2 posted 12-27-2013 04:09 PM

You will love it… I’ve had mine for several years and it is a great tool.

-- "Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good." Voltaire

View danoaz's profile

danoaz

#3 posted 12-27-2013 05:24 PM

I have really had my eye on this and keep seeing good reviews and comments about it. My challenge isn’t the price but where to put the darn things. I have so many other tools on the counter that I am running out of space. Such a terrible dilemma. ;-)

-- "Simplicity and repose are the qualities that measure the true value of any work of art." Frank LLoyd Wright

#4 posted 12-27-2013 05:29 PM

danoaz, I have the same problem, but I will figure it out, maybe store it under the work bench?

View Domer's profile

Domer

#5 posted 12-27-2013 06:45 PM

I also have this machine. It works great. It is light enough to put on a shelf. Not easy but even an old fart like me can handle it.

View whitebeast88's profile

whitebeast88

#6 posted 12-27-2013 08:53 PM

i’ve got the same and its been a blessing to have.indeed it does look like you’ve been a good boy!!!!

-- Marty.Athens,AL

#7 posted 12-27-2013 09:08 PM

Make yourself a dedicated cart, and you have a real sanding workhorse. As well as general sanding tasks, I like to use the belt attachment with a miter gauge to chamfer the ends of tenons. Works great.

#8 posted 12-27-2013 09:14 PM

Nice cart, I like that! but do I have room for the cart? LOL!

View Marcus's profile

Marcus

#9 posted 12-27-2013 09:36 PM

I’m with Richard, this machine has to be one of the best values in woodworking.

View dnick's profile

dnick

#10 posted 12-28-2013 04:34 AM

Thanks for the review. I really want this machine.

-- dnick, North Hollywood, Ca.

View lanwater's profile

lanwater

#11 posted 12-28-2013 06:15 AM

I have one for over 3 years and it works great.

-- Abbas, Castro Valley, CA

-- Vince

View Don W's profile

Don W

#13 posted 12-28-2013 12:40 PM

I agree.its probably one of the most used tool in my shop.

-- Master hand plane hoarder. - http://timetestedtools.com

View Thrakintosh's profile

Thrakintosh

#14 posted 12-28-2013 02:56 PM

Its been on my short list (you know, the long short list) for a while too. Thanks for the review and congrats!

-- Adam - Red Hook, NY

View theoldfart's profile (online now)

theoldfart

#15 posted 12-28-2013 03:05 PM

I have this unit as well and it’s worth it. As for a stand, I’m a bit of a retro grouch so my C’Man table saw is the same base size as the sander and the sander is light weight so voila two in the same space as one!

-- "Aged flatus, I heard that some one has already blown out your mortise." THE Surgeon ……………………………………. Kevin