Business review for acmetools.com! Amazing, customer service is outstanding!

Review by Micahm posted 246 days ago 2056 views 1 time favorited 11 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Business review for acmetools.com! Amazing, customer service is outstanding! No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

I am writing this review to tell my experiences with acmetools.com. I had many inquiries about tools I was purchasing that were going to be freight items. They answered every question I had about the tools, every question about the freight and more.They were very polite, helpful, and answered questions completely. Oh and the freight shipping was free and since out of state no tax!! I was also ordering a anvil, the manufacturer was back ordering the one I had purchased. I was uneasy about it taking so long and emailed Acme Tools about it. They didn’t email me back, they took the time to personally call me not even 10 minutes after I emailed to discuss the issue, I was hoping it would be here by Christmas (today Dec 19, ordered Nov. 30th) they said the manufacturer would be able to get them out until Dec. 30th probably at soonest so I asked if I could just cancel. The man on the phone canceled it right away while we were on the phone and even sent me a confirmation as soon as I returned to my computer after hanging up the phone. If you need any kind of tools or anything, definitely check out acmetools.com, their prices are great, shipping is great and customer service is top notch. I will be a customer of theirs from now on.

Check them out! acmetools.com

-- The things I make may be for others, but how I make them is for me. - Tony Konovaloff

View Micahm's profile

Micahm

View ScottKaye's profile

ScottKaye

I too had an awesome experience with Acme Tools. I had my eye on a Supermax 19-38 drum sander for several months and had communicated with Supermax’s marketing director about when the 19-38 would be on special with either a sale or extras thrown in. She turned me on to Acme Tools and said that Acme would be having a 10% off sale in November. All this occured back in October. So Novermeber rolls around and on the 3rd, I contact Acme Tools to make my purchase. The sales rep gave me the bad news that The 10% off sale was back in OCTOBER and had since expired. I told him my sob story that Supermax informed me that the sale would be in November. He put me on hold for 30 secs and came back and said that since Supermax told me the sale would be in November, they would honor the 10% off. Thats $140 in my favor! I thanked him profusely and a week later I was setting up my new Drum Sander.
Because I had such a great experience with Acme tools the first time, I thought Id try them again when Jet had their 50% off sale on parallel clamps. Ordered a total of 14 clamps from them and couldnt be happier. So if all things are equal, ie PRICE dont hesitate to order from ACME. They are first rate in my book.

-- "Nothing happens until you build it"

View bugz's profile

bugz

I also got my Supermax 18/36 sander from them. I have bought tools from them for at least 20 years, and have had the times when the manufacturer would leave out parts, broken parts ect. They have always gone the extra mile to make things right, they are very competitive on there prices. They know tools, if you have questions they will get you an answer.

-- Bob, Lewistown, Montana. Kindness is the Language the blind can see and deaf can hear. - Mark Twain

View moke's profile

moke

They are awesome…..knowledgable customer service in a sea of big box store idiots!!!
Mike

View descolada's profile

descolada

I’ve never had to deal with their customer service, but I’ve ordered a few big items from them (laguna table saw and nova dvr lathe) and the free (and surprisingly quick) shipping is very nice. In addition to the free shipping the lathe was $500 less than anyone else was selling it for. If I hadn’t already had a good experience with them on the table saw and a few smaller orderes I would have questioned the deal.

View pwgphoto's profile

pwgphoto

I will agree with the great CS at Acme Tools. I ordered 6 Jet Clamps during the Black Friday Sale. I had forgot to add the credit card security # to the internet order, but it went through anyway. I was worried that once they seen no code #, they would cancel the order. I call, got someone right away. She said that it shouldn’t be a problem, but took my name and # and called me back later to tell me everything was fine.

Then I got the invoice for the order and there were multiple back ordered clamps on it and the price on the invoice was more than it should have been. I called again and they were great. Told me about the clamps being shipped directly from Jet and if I wanted to cancel, no problem. I didn’t cause it was a great clamp deal and I could wait. They also told me not to worry about the amount, it was just a hold and it did clear up, to the right amount.

My final two Jet 12” clamps arrived today and Acme has a new long term customer.

View Mainiac Matt 's profile

Mainiac Matt

Based on the logo, I wonder if ACME is a reincarnation of The Tool Crib of the North. They were the most awesome catalog tool seller 15 years ago. The were bought by Amazon,and that’s how Amazon first got into tools, which was one of their first product offerings beyond books and music.

Anybody else remember Tool Crib?

-- Pine is fine, but Oak's no joke!

View pwgphoto's profile

pwgphoto

I will also add that if Acme Tools was good enough for Wile E. Coyote to get all his anvils and other materials, to try and catch the Road Runner, they are good enough for me. After all, he was a Super Genius.

View quartrsawn's profile

quartrsawn

They are Tool Crib ! They came back about 2 years ago after a 10 year deal with Amazon ended. Great tool company, great prices and free shipping over $200. Bought many tools from them.

-- Nat - West Sayville,L.I., NY

Great to hear, might haver to give them a try.

View Bluepine38's profile

Bluepine38

Thanks for sharing, will have to check them out.

-- As ever, Gus-the 75 yr young apprentice carpenter

I bought my first DeWalt planer from Tool Crib. At the time, they were the lowest price around and it qualified for free delivery. When the planer arrived, it looked like it had fallen off the UPS truck several times in transit. I called them up and they shipped me a second unit which arrived perfectly and I am still using it to this day : )
They never questioned my claim nor asked for the damaged one to be returned…not even a photo of it !
If Tool Crib is now Acme, then I wouldn’t hesitate to give them a chance to prove themselves once again.