GREAT PLANER

Review by JHIM posted 228 days ago 2749 views 0 times favorited 10 comments Add to Favorites Watch
GREAT PLANER No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

i just recently i had a mild “must buy all the tools i need now” break down. I got sick of not having what i need and having to work around my lack of tool problem. so i sat out to but a big cabinet saw. the gentleman i bought it from also had the dewalt DW735 planner he only used a few times. after a little negotiating i stole it for 200 bucks. and might i add this think didn’t have a single scratch on the out feed tables. it was BRAND NEW. i LOVE it. i comes with the tool you need to swap out the blades and it has a magnet on the top of it so you can pull them out without getting all cut up. plenty of power and a option to slow the feed down for a finish cut or speed it up for a rough cut. I wish this rating offered more start because it deserves a 10 for the price. hope this helped..

View Gene Howe's profile

Gene Howe

5376 posts in 2025 days

Heck of a deal.
I just got one on sale for 549.
Great little planer.

View Howie's profile

Howie

I think the key to this conversation is…...I stole it for 200 bucks. That would even make the Grinch happy. Enjoy your planer,I have one and love it.

-- Life is good.

What about the saw

-- Norman

View DIYaholic's profile

DIYaholic

I pick up a slightly used DW735 for $100.00….
Had to put another $250.00 into it….
For in/out feed tables & a new cutter head….
& I thought I did good!

A pristine DW735 for $200.00….
Earns you one very big…. YOU SUCK!!! ;^)

BTW: It is an excellent Planer, absolutely love it!!!

-- Randy-- I may not be good...but I am slow! If good things come to those who wait.... Why is procratination a bad thing?

JHIM

the saw is GREAT also..i lucked out because i was holding out for about a year on both and a older man that was getting out of the trade wanted to tell. you talk about emasculate. the whole time showing me both items he kept apologizing for the dust on them..very honest down to earth man..it was an older cabinet saw but ive never felt more sure about buying something from somebody.

View rockom's profile

rockom

Very nice! I love mine and for $200 I’d buy another. I use some past wax buffed out on all three table surfaces to help it along.

-- -> Malta, IL -<

JHIM

having a issue with ol girl..about 3 inches in each side of whatever I run through it it leaves a ridge,groove etc. not quite sure why my out feed tables are low enough so I know its not raising up into the blades so not quite sure..any ideas? thanks

Sounds like snipe.
Raise your tables slightly at the far ends. Raise them enough to fit a dime under a straightedge (lay straightedge on planer bed and tables).
This will prevent snipe on all but the longest boards.
For boards 6’ in length or longer, use outfeed rollers.

JHIM

i dont believe the factory out feed are adjustable but will check it out

View 2x4x10's profile

2x4x10

Do the out feed tables come with it? With the original or are they an extra

-- Jim