Great Guide

Review by John Gray posted 2220 days ago 2178 views 2 times favorited 10 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Great Guide Great Guide No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

I have the 50” model of this All-In-One Clamp Guide and love it. It’s really nice to use when breaking down a 4’x8’ piece of sheet goods without having to manhandle it up on the table saw. I cut them up right on the tailgate of my pickup before they come into the shop. You don’t have to have the Saw Plate just hold the saw firmly against the guide. When you “set it up” for your circular saw Sharpie the offset between the blade and the saw’s shoe and you’ll not have to measure the offset the next time you use it.

Rockler says about the guide:
The first zero-deflection straight edge clamping guide! Provides you with straighter and more accurate cuts, dadoes and routing without additional clamps
The perfect woodworking combination clamp and edge guide!
Integral clamping jaws and locking lever provide a quick, easy way of clamping the guide.
Features instant edge-to-edge clamping, low profile with no obstruction, extra long handle and 1-3/4” wide extrusion.
Built-in T-track on top of the guide allows you to use any of our versatile accessories or shop-made jigs.
Optional router base plate and circular saw plate lock onto T-track and provide perfect tracking along straight edge; HDPE construction.
Aluminum squaring attachment has extra wide jaws and provides accurate square-up for guide system. Measures 7/8’’ high x 3-3/4’’ wide.
Create your own shooting board for routing or cutting with the circular saw.

-- Only the Shadow knows....................

View John Gray's profile

John Gray

View dalec's profile

dalec

Thanks for the review. Looks like a good way to go. It is on my list of things to buy.

Dalec

View GMman's profile

GMman

Very nice that is something I need where did you buy it and is it expensive

View Toolz's profile

Toolz

I have two of the 50” versions that I got from Woodcraft. Use them as clamps, straight edges, saw guides and router guides. They work as advertised and I think they are well worth the money.

-- Larry "Work like a Captain but Play like a Pirate!"

View GaryK's profile

GaryK

Looks nice. I have a 50” version that has no markings. You can’t beat them.

View tenontim's profile

tenontim

I have a 50” clamp by another manf, but I was looking a the shorter version of this one, a 24” I think. By the way, if you cut a spacer out that equals the distance from your blade to the edge of your saw, it speeds up the set up of a guide like this. I have one I keep in my saw case. Thanks for the post.

-- Tim

View TomK 's profile

TomK

I’ve wanted one of these for awhile now. You made up my mind for me.

-- If you think healthcare is expensive now, wait until it's free! PJ O'Rourke

John,

Thanks for the review. I just bought one last week and have not had a chance to use it. But I bought it for exactly the reasons that you mentioned.

View teenagewoodworker's profile

teenagewoodworker

cool, ive been looking at these for awhile. they look really nice but i already have one and have no reason to get this one (i wish i did though ;) ). thanks for the review.

View Dwain's profile

Dwain

I will back the positive things said here. This is a great tool! I bought the 36” double sided for routing dados. I am very happy I made this purchase and suggest it to others.

-- When you earnestly believe you can compensate for a lack of skill by doubling your efforts, there is no end to what you CAN'T do

View steveosshop's profile

steveosshop

I have one of these that I purchased from harbor freight. It is a 50” model and looks identical except instead of a true t-track it has dual straight tracks. It was about half the price of Rockler, too.

-- Steve-o