Telpro The Troll® 49 Panel Handler

Review by JoelB posted 300 days ago 2074 views 0 times favorited 7 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Telpro The Troll® 49 Panel Handler Telpro The Troll® 49 Panel Handler Telpro The Troll® 49 Panel Handler Click the pictures to enlarge them

Just bought this to save my back when a client spec’d a project that required 20 sheets of 3/4” MDF. The Troll is an awesome back saver that makes it very easy to move sheet goods around the shop. My storage is roughly 75 feet away from my tablesaw so I needed a simple and inexpensive way to move the 20 sheets around with a minimum of lifting.

Basically, to use, you lay the Troll against the sheet at about midpoint. Then you lift/tilt the panel until the lip on the bottom of the Troll slips under the sheet (about 5 inches). Once the Troll slips under you set the sheet down on to the Troll. The weight of the sheet is what secures the Troll to the sheet. Once all of the weight is on the Troll you can easily steer the sheet around the shop. The wheels are a nice soft rubber and are big enough that they easily roll over small obstacles. Because the pivot point is in the center of the sheet, maneuverability is pretty good.

Overall I am very happy with my purchase…and my back is even more happy!

View JoelB's profile

JoelB

18 posts in 2004 days

View Mainiac Matt 's profile

Mainiac Matt

your back will thankyhou….. MDF aint light! and full size panels are always awkward to move around.

-- Pine is fine, but Oak's no joke!

View Bluepine38's profile

Bluepine38

Inexpensive way to save a lot of work, and simple to boot, thank you for sharing.

-- As ever, Gus-the 75 yr young apprentice carpenter

View rrww's profile

rrww

Does it tip easy? From the pictures it looks like it would be a pain to try to balance and steer it at the same time? I have carts for sheet goods, but you still have to pick up the sheet 6” to set it on the cart.

View JoelB's profile

JoelB

18 posts in 2004 days

As far as tippy, I don’t think it is tippy at all. I mean you have to balance it as you would expect, but it really isn’t bad. I would imagine the heavier the wood the more stable it would be.

View jasonR's profile

jasonR

Wow! that looks a lot easier than using the claw of a hammer to help schlep heavy sheet goods around.

-- Jason

View mbs's profile

mbs

I found this you tube video.

-- Sorry the reply is so long. I didn't have time to write a short reply.

View Ottacat's profile

Ottacat

Nice, I never knew this existed.