Delta 50-760 best dust collector of its class

Review by Woodshopfreak posted 2241 days ago 10200 views 0 times favorited 11 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Delta 50-760 best dust collector of its class No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

Wow, is all I have to say. This was a part graduation part birthday present and I have to say I love this thing. It has made my woodworking experience a whole lot better. I bought about fifty feet of PVC and ran it along all the walls in my shop connecting it to my jointer, table saw, bandsaw, router table, and put in a handy floor sweep. I even put in a shop vac port that can hook right up to a shop vac hose and I can use it for my miter saw or for sanding or routing. I installed blast gates and this thing when hooked up correctly sucks (I mean that in a good way :]). I positioned it right outside my shop and it runs though a lot of pipe at the end, but still has full sucking power, on top of that it runs off of a 15 amp circuit!!! YAY no more wiring issues. The top bag is rated at one micron and the bottom bag is clear plastic so you can see when it’s full. It draws 1200 cfm and has a 1.5 horse motor. It is a bit loud but this isn’t much of an issue because it is in another room. I assembled it in about 30 minuets and it worked like a charm. The bags are so easy to take off and put on compared to other dust collectors too. It has a metal ring that fits into a cavity in the dust collector so all you have to do is pinch the bag and pop it into place. I got a really great deal on it for about 300 bucks at AMAZON.COM with FREE SHIPPING!!! it shipped the day after the order and I received it in two days after shipping. I recommend this unit to any beginning woodworker that wants dust collection that is effective but doesn’t want to buy a 1000 dollar cyclone.

-- Tyler, Illinois

-- We must guard our enthusiasm as we would our life - James Krenov

View gator9t9's profile

gator9t9

Hey Tyler
Great Review yes …..and I like the way the Delta inlet ports are under the motor…Where mine on my Steel City are on the side lower ….
and congrads on your graduation young man …

-- Mike in Bonney Lake " If you are real real real good your whole life, You 'll be buried in a curly maple coffin when you die."

View USCJeff's profile

USCJeff

Ditto on the rebate. If the purchaser is unaware, I’m sure the $50 would be very appreciated. Or you could see it as a aftermarket remote control for the new DC. . .

-- Jeff, South Carolina

View GaryK's profile

GaryK

Dust collection does make things nice, huh?

View Dano's profile

Dano

Thanks for the great review, I purchased the same one a few weeks back from Amazon. Unfortunately I had rotator cuff surgery and haven’t been able to use it although I did manage, with the wife’s help, to get it assembled. Probably a couple weeks still before I get to where I can use it but I am sure glad I have it and can’t hardly contain myself about using it!

Oh, I also saw a pic of one of the cyclone lids mounted on a trash can mounted under the inlet, I think I will try the same thing, you might consider that too.

-- Dan in Central Oklahoma, Able to turn good wood into saw dust in the blink of an eye!

View rtb's profile

rtb

Tyler, I have the same dust collector and love it. I mounted the unit with the intake in both the up and the down position and found that down is definataly the way to go. My only complaint was how fast the plastic bag filled. I added a cyclone lid on a 40 or 44gal plastic G-can. Now shavings are in the can and are packed in. The plastic bag contains saw dust. When full, which does not happen quickly, there are enough shaving’s are enough to cover the floor of a 12×12 horse stall. the plastic bag usually will hold the saw dust of 2 or 3 cans of shavings. Since mine has to remain mobile I mounted a couple of arms to hold the can, and and 4in pvc hangers to hold the intake hose when moving it. also a handy place to hang my earmuffs, which are a must if its near you when running. A remote control and an all together a very neat pkg, and, as you noted, an extremly effective system.

-- RTB. stray animals are just looking for love

Tyler,

Thanks for the review. I have a dust collector on my list and this one looks pretty good.

View douglbe's profile

douglbe

I received my Delta 50-760 dust collector about 2 weeks ago, also from Amazon.com, but have not had the pleasure of operating it with any of my equipment yet, just too darn busy with other projects. By the sound of your review I made the right choice and I am looking forward something better than just a shop vac. Thanks.

-- Doug, Reed City, Michigan

View MWF's profile

MWF

I just bought the Delta 50-760 but haven’t had a chance to use it yet. I just moved and am currenlty working on setting my new shop. Can’t wait! thanks for the comments.

View sawdustrich's profile

sawdustrich

#10 posted 1969 days ago

rtb,

I am thinking about buying this collector and your setup with the plastic G-can sounds very intriging. I was wondering if you can post a pic or 2 or 3 or ? to show your setup. As always, this website is the best place on the web to get great info!

-- Rich, Columbus, Ohio

View exelectrician's profile

exelectrician

I am dissapointed with my Delta 50-760 for the following reasons…
1. It is too loud.
2.It cannot pick up more than ten handplane shavings with out blocking all the grids inside.
3.I cannot use it anywhere near my chopsaw, small offcuts have caused several dents in the case when they slam into the inner parts.
4.I touch the large fabric bag and a cloud of fine dust falls, Am I breathing this stuff?

-- Love thy neighbour as thyself