Byrd Tool H7768 Shelix Cutterhead, 8-Inch

Review by b2rtch posted 297 days ago 2070 views 0 times favorited 2 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Byrd Tool H7768 Shelix Cutterhead, 8-Inch No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

While I am writing reviews, I would like to add my name to the long list of Byrd Tool ’s satisfied customers.

The date on my blog tells me that I installed this head on my 8 inches Powermatic jointer 445 days ago.
Of course I do not use this jointer everyday, yet I never had to replace a cutter , even if one has a small chip .
Not only this cutter head gives a wonderful finish but in addition it is very quiet, thing that I really enjoy.
The 3 HP motor that I installed in this jointer has not problem with this head even when I make heavy (1/4”) cut in hard wood.
Very strongly recommend to all who can afford it.

View HillbillyShooter's profile

HillbillyShooter

Agee 100%! I replaced the carbide cutter head on my PM 60 back in April and absolutely love it! It’s quiet, smooth cutting and leaves a great surface. I learned I was moving pieces too fast through my jointer. The surface is so smooth you have to sand it to finish. In fact, I was so impressed that I replace the head on my 15” PM 15 planer with a Byrd Shelix in June and added a Wixey digital guage. Now my planer is an incredibly accurate machine that I can use to plane to exact dimensional stock using a digital caliper. I can’t recommend Byrd Shelix cutters enough.

PS. My jointer has a 2 hp Baldor motor which provides more than enough power.

View Tennessee's profile

Tennessee

When the cutters wear out on my Grizzly planer, I plan on putting in a Byrd. Kind of a no-brainer…

-- Paul, Tennessee, http://www.tsunamiguitars.com