3 Horsepower Compressor Duty Motor

Review by b2rtch posted 173 days ago 1870 views 0 times favorited 14 comments Add to Favorites Watch
3 Horsepower Compressor Duty Motor No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

When I rebuilt my Powermatic 8 inches jointer I installed this motor in to replace the 3/4 HP the jointer came with.

This motor has been working flawlessly since then.
For the ridicule price I paid for it (around $100.00), this is an excellent buy.
I strongly recommend it.

View Alan72's profile

Alan72

Bert, I was wondering how well those motors ran, I have the HF Dc and that motor runs great. Please keep us up to date on how well the motor is working out and a video of your jointer would be great!

I do not have the equipment to make a video.

Bert,

I searched the Harbor Freight website for “electric motor” and “motor” and all I get are gas engines. Do you know something I don’t know?

Planeman

-- Always remember: It is a mathematical certainty that half the people in this country are below average in intelligence!

View Mark Davisson's profile

Mark Davisson

planeman40: You can find the item by searching on the item number. It is shown in the title.

-- I'm selfless because it feels so good!

View Don W's profile

Don W

Planeman is right though. I need a 1750 rpm motor and wanted to see what they had. They don’t come up in a search.

-- There is nothing like the sound of a well tuned hand plane. - http://timetestedtools.wordpress.com (timetestedtools at hotmail dot c0m)

View Twigloo's profile

Twigloo

If you google smith + jones motor you will find the direct link to the on harbor freight

and for ease http://www.harborfreight.com/3-horsepower-compressor-duty-motor-68302.html

Planeman40

The question is not about this motor but about weather Harbor Freight sells other size motors. And if they do, how do we find them? I find it odd that they would sell only only one electric motor, and even that one is not listed in a search.

They sale 1/2, 1, 2 and 3 HP motor

Planeman40

That’s good to know Bert. How would I find the price and buy one?

Planeman

Check the website, do you Internet access?
Look on this page: http://www.harborfreight.com/3-horsepower-compressor-duty-motor-68302.html

View Mainiac Matt 's profile

Mainiac Matt

Hey Bert,

Did the PM 3/4 HP motor fail? Or did you want more HP?

3/4 HP seems somewhat enemic for an 8” jointer.

-- Pine is fine, but Oak's no joke!

The motor was not he original motor but a replacement.
I wanted more power.

In fact now that I think about it the motor was not 3/4 but 1 1/2 HP Baldor, I have since put ti on my band saw.
Sorry of the misinformation

View csmark92's profile

csmark92

Regardless of the previous motor that’s still an impressive upgrade! Enjoy the power!