Jet model CTAS 10-1 right tilt, 3 HP 220V

Review by MrRon posted 268 days ago 2906 views 0 times favorited 10 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Jet model CTAS 10-1 right tilt, 3 HP 220V No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

I bought this saw 25 years ago. I thought a review of this saw would be useful to people looking for good used machines on E-Bay and CL. It has been across the country in my many moves. I believe the price at the time was around $1100. I added a Biesemeyer 54” fence to it as soon as I got it. It has seen much use over it’s 25+ years. It still runs perfectly; bearings are tight; top is flat; everything remains aligned. I couldn’t ask any more from a saw. It would compare favorably with the best of the new saws. Due to it’s vintage, it doesn’t have the safety features of newer iron. If this saw was up for sale, I would consider $600 to be a very good price for a very good saw.

View MrRon's profile

MrRon

View Surfside's profile

Surfside

That must a be very solid and durable saw. Thanks for sharing.

View lab7654's profile

lab7654

Appreciate the review on an old machine, if there was a whole organized series or category of these I imagine that all of the posts asking about used craigslist items (including my occasional ones) would fizzle out.

-- Tristin King -- When in doubt, sand it.

View MrRon's profile

MrRon

Jet tools were made in Taiwan while others were made in China. I don’t know about their present line, but if price is an indication, they may still be made in Taiwan.

View Pete_Jud's profile

Pete_Jud

I have the same saw, and love it. Been trouble free since I bought it of from craigslist.

-- Life is to short to own an ugly boat.

Great review.

I believe that is why they call it a great purchase, glad to hear you have some great service from this machine

-- Norman

View Mainiac Matt 's profile

Mainiac Matt

I agree 100% with the OPs review….

My CTAS is circa early 1980s, purchased used (and covered with surface rust) and rehabed by me.

-- Pine is fine, but Oak's no joke!

View Rick M.'s profile

Rick M.

Long term reviews are awesome. I’ve considered reviewing a few old or vintage tools/machinery that are still commonly available on the used market.

-- |Statistics show that 100% of people bitten by a snake were close to it.|

I’ve got over 10 years on my JET left tilt with no issues to date. Looking forward to many more : )
Thanks for your review !

View Goodski's profile

Goodski

I also picked the saw up off of craigslist and I am slowly rehabbing the saw. Only things wrong with the saw when I got it for 100 bucks were a cut power cord, some surface rust on the table and the fence system was broken. I’ve fixed the first two problems and I’m getting close to getting a new fence put on. The machine it’s self works great though motor runs quiet and powerful.