Just in time to make my cat happy - awesome festool catbox eq

Review by glen posted 10-11-2013 10:49 PM 3272 views 1 time favorited 21 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Just in time to make my cat happy - awesome festool catbox eq No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

Well, I finally got my festool TS back from the recall. The people at festool were kind enough to include a free baseball hat and this amazing new festool catbox eq.

I’ve used several other catboxes before, but this particular one shines. Our kitty, Peter (aka spiderman), is presently getting over an injured paw, so this catbox really perked up his spirit.

The box comes with a standard brown cardboard finish, is about 1/8” corrugated material, has privacy flaps that open on two axis, and is adorned with the green festool logo.

I’m relying on Peter for some of this review, but his user experience is fantastic. With the addition of an aftermarket blanket, this box really shines. It provides a peaceful place to rest, away from our three dogs, and can be a palace of wonderment, depending on his mood. The finish on the product is top notch, and I’d expect nothing less from festool. And of course, the dust collection on this product is amazing.

Overall, we’re quite pleased with this. Thank you festool!

No really folks – I took the systainer out of the box and Peter promptly jumped in and has been calling it home for the past 48 hours. It’s pretty awesome… And for those wondering – his paw is getting better. Hope this made you chuckle.

View glen's profile

glen

View HillbillyShooter's profile

HillbillyShooter

#1 posted 10-11-2013 10:58 PM

Cute! It’s nice to know that Festool has not only expanded its product line but also reached our to our feline friends. Clever review.

View SirGareth's profile

SirGareth

#2 posted 10-12-2013 01:06 AM

LOL! Great review.

Unfortunately, I cannot afford a Festool box. But I do have a couple of Grizzly boxes coming this week. I wonder if my cat will find the quality acceptable?

-- Even if you fall on your face, you are still moving forward. - Tim, Southern California

View Manitario's profile

Manitario

#3 posted 10-12-2013 05:05 AM

I’m guessing that I’ll have trouble finding adaptors to make the Festool box work with other boxes?

-- Sometimes the creative process requires foul language. -- Charles Neil

View glen's profile

glen

#4 posted 10-12-2013 05:26 AM

@SirGareth – make sure your grizzly boxes were made in the ISO9001 factory as I’ve heard some of them have come out not quite square. This ruins the feng shui for the cat.

@Manitario – yeah, the box doesn’t play well with others. It has a proprietary packing tape system to close itself up, and the scratching post attachment is quite pricey. But for some reason, my cat needs it.

View Mark Gipson's profile

Mark Gipson

171 posts in 2032 days

#5 posted 10-12-2013 06:39 AM

Being poor my cats have to make do with a Woodcraft box, I hope they don’t see your spoilt kitty in a Festool box.

View Heavy's profile

Heavy

#6 posted 10-12-2013 08:47 AM

Amazing. It is from Festool and doesn’t cost at least 500$ lol

View nailbanger2's profile

nailbanger2

#7 posted 10-12-2013 09:38 AM

I see your catbox came with the satellite already hooked up! (Oh, that was just mean)

-- Wish I were Norm's Nephew

View R_Stad's profile

R_Stad

#8 posted 10-12-2013 12:57 PM

Glen – Excellent, thoughtful, detailed review. It appears Festool Research and Development have been doing their homework. Just so you know, you got an audible laugh out of me. Privacy flaps on 2 axis – that’s cutting edge innovation.

-- Rod - Oregon

View Bluepine38's profile

Bluepine38

#9 posted 10-12-2013 02:56 PM

Now both my cats want their own boxes, thank you for sharing.

-- As ever, Gus-the 75 yr young apprentice carpenter

View 404 - Not Found's profile

404 - Not Found

#10 posted 10-12-2013 04:46 PM

It’s a pity you can’t do a like for like comparison with a Makita box. Would you say the Festool is particularly well made?

View johnLT's profile

johnLT

#11 posted 10-12-2013 04:47 PM

We don’t have any cats at our house so if anyone wants our Festool catbox, first $500 gets it. I’m also listing it on Craig List so this may go fast.

View WayneC's profile

WayneC

#12 posted 10-12-2013 04:59 PM

I need to immediately go out and get a full Festool setup (and a cat).

-- We must guard our enthusiasm as we would our life - James Krenov

112080 posts in 2229 days

#13 posted 10-12-2013 05:04 PM

Looks like cats from space even like em :)

#14 posted 10-12-2013 05:29 PM

LOL nice post!

View poopiekat's profile (online now)

poopiekat

#15 posted 10-12-2013 05:35 PM

Once the lampshade is removed, and his paw is healed, I wonder if he will he still be happy with it?

Cats with a boo-boo prefer a solitary, secure place where they can heal in safety. Nice of you to provide such a place, thanks! Great review, Glen.