Excellent stainable filler

Review by dschlic1 posted 10-06-2013 12:37 PM 2739 views 1 time favorited 4 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Excellent stainable filler Excellent stainable filler No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

While constructing my entertainment center, I cut a mortise in the wrong position. As this mortise (slot) was cut in a location that would normally not be seen, I decided to use a stainable filler. I chose Elmer’s Carpenter’s Wood Filler Max Stainable. As you can see from the second photo, the result was quite good. I also used this product to cover some small holes made by the brad point of a forstner bit. In this case you can not see any evidence of hole or the product usage.

The product is gray when applied and remains gray when dry. Therefore I do not recommend using it when not using stain.

View dschlic1's profile

dschlic1

View Rick M.'s profile

Rick M.

#1 posted 10-06-2013 09:12 PM

Did you use water or oil stain? I have some of this filler and haven’t been so lucky with my results. Can’t remember if I tried oil, water, or both types of stain but it always came out much lighter than the wood. And did you apply the stain after or mix it with the putty before? Thanks.

-- |Statistics show that 100% of people bitten by a snake were close to it.|

View BentheViking's profile

BentheViking

#2 posted 10-07-2013 02:34 AM

ive used a ton of the white and its worked well, but then again almost everything I do is painted usually white

-- It's made of wood. Real sturdy.--Chubbs Peterson

View dschlic1's profile

dschlic1

#3 posted 10-07-2013 04:54 PM

Rick I used oil stain, Minwax Wood Finish English Chestnut color.

View Rick M.'s profile

Rick M.

#4 posted 10-07-2013 05:58 PM

Thanks, I have about half a tube left so I’ll give it another try.

-- |Statistics show that 100% of people bitten by a snake were close to it.|