JessEm Mite-R-Excel™ Precision Miter Gauge

Review by WayneC posted 2242 days ago 7264 views 0 times favorited 9 comments Add to Favorites Watch
JessEm Mite-R-Excel™ Precision Miter Gauge JessEm Mite-R-Excel™ Precision Miter Gauge JessEm Mite-R-Excel™ Precision Miter Gauge Click the pictures to enlarge them

This is from an post originally in my blog. This is one sweet miter gauge and is highly recommended. It is a bit spendy and if I had thought things out more in advance I think I would have probably saved my money and gotten their sliding table. It is accurate, easy to set up and built like a tank. It has a 24” fence and can extend to 36”. The gauge has a Dual-Indexing Angle Location System that provides precise “positive stop” angle locating to every ½ degree and a separate vernier scale allowing additional angle settings to 1/10th of a degree.

-- We must guard our enthusiasm as we would our life - James Krenov

View WayneC's profile

WayneC

View GaryK's profile

GaryK

Looks heavy duty, that’s for sure.

View Obi's profile

Obi

I’m jealous…

View teenagewoodworker's profile

teenagewoodworker

that’s nice. thanks for the review.

View MrWoody's profile

MrWoody

I have had this gauge for about 3 years and also highly recommend it.

-- If we learn from our mistakes, I'm getting a fantastic education.

View Grumpy's profile

Grumpy

19326 posts in 2455 days

Very impressive piece of equipment.

-- Grumpy - "Always look on the bright side of life"- Monty Python

View sIKE's profile

sIKE

I was in a Woodcraft this morning and they had both the gauge and slider on display. The slider was so smooth, but it took up allot of space to the left of the table.

-- //FC - Round Rock, TX - "Experience is what you get just after you need it"

Wayne,

This is a nice review. This does look like a nice tablesaw upgrade. Thanks for the post.

View TroutGuy's profile

TroutGuy

I have had mine for nearly two years now, and it works great. Rock solid, and the angles are on the money. My only complaint is that you usually can’t use the flip-stop when you attach a sacrificial face. I’m still ‘imagineering’ that issue…

-- There is nothing in the world more dangerous, than a woodworker who knows how to read a micrometer...

View DanMcGarigle's profile

DanMcGarigle

The JessEm Mite-R-Excel fence is a GREAT TOOL. After daily use for 2 years, and no signs of wearing, I find that it is worth every penny. GREAT DESIGN, and Manufacture !