It's a good saw for it's intended use.

Review by PatrickB posted 10-04-2013 10:48 PM 2690 views 0 times favorited 3 comments Add to Favorites Watch
It's a good saw for it's intended use. No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

Ok, I bought one of these.It was a temporary saw and never intended to be my main saw. It is has a certain cool factor to it too. I think this is a great saw for a person who does floor installs and other small on the job carpentry work. All of the accessories are easy to access and held in place quite well. The fence worked, it came with a push stick and a miter but lets face it, a miter fence on most saws is not a top line item and it’s true in this case too. I originally bought this for building boxes and it had no issues what so ever with that saw being able to cut 3/4 wood. It is not a saw for a wood worker who wants to be serious about it or intends to serious but for what it is made for I think it does the job quite well.
Pat

9-13-14:
Well, I sold the saw quite some time ago, but now that I think on it I may have made a mistake. It was a good saw for what it was intended. It’s not meant to cut 2” thick walnut but it does just fine 3/4. One complaint, the cheap handle for changing the saw blade lasted about three weeks and then bent. I made my own out 1/8” steel. Also, we had hard wood floors put in a while back and they used the Bosch saw that I had and they loved it. I have to say our floors look darn nice.
Pat

-- Really? Really? How important is it?

View PatrickB's profile

PatrickB

View Surfside's profile

Surfside

#1 posted 10-08-2013 09:31 PM

Though it’s not that versatile, it’s still useful. I have band saw, it does most of the jobs I need but not everything. Thanks for posting.

View Hometrimmer's profile

Hometrimmer

#2 posted 10-15-2013 02:41 AM

I’ve been looking for a small job site tablesaw. How do you like it. I would hardly rip framing material and I HATE dewalt equipment. Definite Bosch fan. Let me know your feelings on it.

View backroad's profile

backroad

#3 posted 11-06-2013 03:05 AM

I bought this saw back in January. I have used it extensively. Mostly for cabinet and millwork installation. While the fence is very dependable and locks solidly in place and it has lots of power, DO NOT depend on this saw to give you a flawless cut. I put a 60 tooth blade on it right away, but noticed that the saw vibrates terribly. Kinda scary when it starts up. Would probably work best as a framer/ renovator saw. I have also considered that maybe I got a lemon, but after watching other guys with the same saw, I dismissed this theory. Love the stand, though…