The Ultimate Bandsaw???Hmmmm.

Review by PatrickB posted 198 days ago 2945 views 1 time favorited 1 comment Add to Favorites Watch
The Ultimate Bandsaw???Hmmmm. No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

Well, I would have actually given this machine 4.5 stars but that is not an option. I no longer have this bandsaw but while I had it I did enjoy using it. I had a very early issue with the blade tension device but that was operator error and soon rectified by the helpful folks at Grizzly. My only complaint about this bandsaw is the crappy rubber tires. Any blade under a 1/2 inch just would not track well. I tried everything I could think of, checked that the wheels were coplanar, that there were no bearing issue and all was in good shape. I had the 6 inch riser kit on this saw and since I put it on before I ever ran the saw I started to wonder if this had anything to do with it. I scuffed up the rubber tires with some sand paper and that didn’t help either. I finally called Grizzly about the problem and they had no idea what was what going on. They sent me a new pair of rubber tires but I really did not want to go there. So I though about and finally decided to buy the tires from Carter Bandsaw Products. I read the direction for installing them and off I went. I cut the old (new) rubber tires off, put the Carter ones in some hot water and in no time at all I had them on. That completely corrected the tracking issue I had. That saw ran straight and true the whole time I owned it and cut like a dream. I eventually put on the Carter Bandsaw Guide Wheels too. WHile there was nothing definitive wrong with the Grizzly guides it was the insatiable effort to always seek improvement LOL. I spoke to the person who purchased the saw a few months ago and he is still very happy with the saw. I think for the money it was a very good buy. The Ultimate saw? I don’t know about that but it is a good saw.
Pat

-- Really? Really? How important is it?

View PatrickB's profile

PatrickB

1 comment so far

View Surfside's profile

Surfside

Thanks for sharing. Why did you sell your band saw?