Milwaukee 3/8" hammer drill

Review by PatrickB posted 10-03-2013 09:44 PM 1688 views 0 times favorited 3 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Milwaukee 3/8" hammer drill No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

This is a review, hence it is just my opinion. To the best of knowledge the picture is a true and actual representation of the item I am reviewing.
Sorry about the above but others have made these little disclaimers necessary.
So onto the drill. Yep, I give it 5 stars after what I just put it through. I just tapped about 30 holes in 1/2” aluminum (7/16” x 14tpi) with this little puppy and it did not flinch one bit. I have had this drill for quite sometime now and have used it for almost everything it was designed for and then some. It has a functional LED in the front of the drill that really helps when the light is not the greatest. I have used the hammer function on my basement walls for hanging some equipment and it powered right through the job. It’s a great little drill and I will keep it.
Thanks
Pat

-- Really? Really? How important is it?

View PatrickB's profile

PatrickB

View MarkwithaK's profile

MarkwithaK

#1 posted 10-03-2013 11:17 PM

I’ve had at least one drill from all of the major competitors and I was a DeWalt guy for a long while until I had two of them fail within a week. When these M12 series came out one of the HVAC supply houses was pushing them pretty and offering great deals on them. It started with the screw gun which was just OK but then I got the impact and I was sold. Another screw gun (came in a set), flashlight and a right angle drill soon found their way into my possession. A sit stands I have 7 drills….all Milwaukee and I have no reason to switch.

-- If at first you don't succeed then maybe skydiving isn't for you.

View kajunkraft's profile

kajunkraft

#2 posted 10-04-2013 02:42 AM

Recently a friend bragged about his new Ryobi tools. His first approach was the price of batteries. Ryobi sells 2 for $100+/-. So I gave it a shot. Love their 18V drivers. 1/2 price batteries are nice too. I also like my Makitas, but what matters a lot is the cost to replace batteries (they don’t last forever). Am going thru a phase of being mad at Ridgid and it appears that Ryobi is a Ridgid affiliate, but doesn’t matter. Ryobi’s new puke green tools are worth looking at. The impact driver has a neat spring-loaded chuck …. shove in the bit with one hand. Eject the bit with two fingers (it jumps out).

View Surfside's profile (online now)

Surfside

#3 posted 10-04-2013 09:05 PM

Nice review. Thanks for sharing.