Milwaukee M12 Rotary Tool

Review by PatrickB posted 10-03-2013 09:31 PM 1713 views 0 times favorited 4 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Milwaukee M12 Rotary Tool No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

Again this tool review is just my opinion. I have quite a few of the Milwaukee M12 tools and really like them a lot. I have the “other” rotary tool too. The “other” tool is still working, the Milwaukee is no longer with us. I do not feel I abused the tool, you know, hours and hours of running with no breaks, battery after battery until the cover melted.LOL None of that, I feel I used the tool in the way it was designed to be used and with in about three months of ownership, it died. Just up and died. No warning or anything. I tried all 5 different batteries so I am pretty sure it was not a battery issue. I wrote to Milwaukee 2 times with the serial number of the tool and the date it was purchased and never heard a word from them. I was disappointed but those things happen sometimes. Will I buy another one? Nope, I bought a flex shaft rotary tool instead. I will say that all of my other M12 tools are functioning perfectly and I have no complaints.

9-13-14 Update,
About two months ago, maybe longer I heard from someone from Milwaukee tools, they sent me an email via the membership here. He asked what he could do to help with my issue and how to resolve it. I told him I had already purchased another rotary tool and was set but I thanked him for the effort he made in reaching out to me. He wrote back and asked what I paid for the tool so I told him. He wrote back offering me a new M12 battery (the large one) and a t-shirt. I quickly took him up on his offer for the battery but like a dope I forgot to include my shirt size. I got the battery within three days. Pretty good customer service I say and hence the tool deserves two extra stars just for that.
Pat

-- Really? Really? How important is it?

View PatrickB's profile

PatrickB

View MarkTheFiddler's profile

MarkTheFiddler

1907 posts in 942 days

#1 posted 10-03-2013 09:54 PM

Thanks for the review Pat. Do you mind sharing the brand of the rotary tool that outlived the Milwaukee?

-- Thanks for all the lessons!

View PatrickB's profile

PatrickB

#2 posted 10-03-2013 10:34 PM

Mark,
Hello again…sure, it is a hmmmm brain fart….starts with a D….Dremel, that’s it, it’s a Dremel.
Pat

-- Really? Really? How important is it?

View MarkwithaK's profile

MarkwithaK

370 posts in 1932 days

#3 posted 10-03-2013 11:22 PM

Thanks for the review. I was looking into one of these as I already have a bunch of the 12v batteries. All the comparative reviews I’ve read seem to put it among the middle of the pack. I think I’ll just look into something else. Thanks again.

-- If at first you don't succeed then maybe skydiving isn't for you.

View Ross001's profile

Ross001

#4 posted 06-17-2014 12:57 PM

Hi Patrick,

We would like to help resolve the issue you had with your tool. Could you please send us an email? Social Media @ MilwaukeeTool. com

Thanks!