Veritas Cabinet Scraper

Review by PatrickB posted 302 days ago 2200 views 0 times favorited 6 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Veritas Cabinet Scraper No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

I just go this tool today. I love it. It’s a great hand tool. Pulled it out of the box and cleaned the blade and put a slight hook on the scraper and away I went. Very easy to control the amount of camber in the blade. Just a little bit and takes light wispy shavings that curl. Give it more camber and it takes a more aggressive cut. I keep an old cutting board around just for trying tools out on and see how they do. This is an end grain cutting board so it’s pretty tough. This cabinet scraper really cleaned it up fairly nice. It has a large sole on the bottom and feels good in the hand. The one thing I have to watch out is that on the return I don’t drag it on the wood like I do with my hand planes. This is a keeper in my book.
Pat

-- Really? Really? How important is it?

View PatrickB's profile

PatrickB

View JuanGatico's profile

JuanGatico

Congratulations, well invested money.

View WayneC's profile

WayneC

-- We must guard our enthusiasm as we would our life - James Krenov

View JohnChung's profile

JohnChung

After messing with nasty reversal grain, a cabinet scraper is a definite must. This LV scraper will serve you well :)

View jdh122's profile

jdh122

I have one and like it a lot. Much less fiddly than a scraper plan and great for tricky grain. It does take a lot more muscle power to push than a plane, however.

-- Jeremy, in the Acadian forests

View jim65's profile

jim65

Agreed, I have the same and use it often, works great and easy to adjust, good review, enjoy!

-- Jim, Marostica Italy

View rad457's profile

rad457

Yes very good scraper, have been comparing it to my old Stanley #80, jury still out, really like the Stanley.

Andre in Alberta

-- Andre of Alberta. Finger Prints show your hands were on the wood.