An Online Business to Stay Away From - Ereplacementparts.com

Review by Dallas posted 307 days ago 5064 views 0 times favorited 28 comments Add to Favorites Watch
An Online Business to Stay Away From - Ereplacementparts.com No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

I can’t give zero stars, I wish I could!
I had to upload a picture so I used the “Marmalade Marauder!

It saddens me when a company fails to honor its commitment, or notify the buyer if it can’t.
Three weeks ago I needed parts for a chainsaw and ordered from ereplacementparts.com. I ordered 2 clutches, 2 clutch drums, 2 air filters and various other parts.
I was told they would be shipped within 5 to 7 days. 2 weeks later, no parts.
The wife called the company and was told the order was waiting on one filter that was in the warehouse but not on inventory. They said the order would be shipped by Monday.
Monday came and went, not email notification.
Cat called again this morning and they still hadn’t shipped.
They held up a whole order for a $3 filter that would cost 50¢ to ship in a regular envelope?
They give no notification and no apology?
They sure were quick to take my money and charge full shipping price for each piece.
She cancelled the whole order.

This hasn’t been the first problem with this company.
Awhile back I needed a carburetor for a weed trimmer. They sent me one that didn’t work. I called and they said they would ship another… and just to throw the first one in the trash.
Cool! I thinks to myself! I’ll have a spare to play with on some other machine.
A day later, we are charged for two more carburetors plus separate shipping on each one…. Get your fingers out…. this is math! That makes 1+1+1. THREE carburetors? When I haven’t gotten one that works?
Needless to say, this was getting as expensive as buying a new Holley 750 Fast!
It took about a week and more irate phone calls to clear that one up.
Remind me to NEVER deal with ereplacementparts dot com again!

Dallas

I have used tool parts direct, and have been pleased. Orders can take 2 weeks to ship though.

View DaddyZ's profile

DaddyZ

I Have used these Twice now & had good success, Maybe I was lucky…

www.ereplacementparts.com

I think you are giving the Wrong address in your statement

-- Pat - Worker of Wood, Collector of Tools, Father of one

Dallas

DaddyZ, Thanks, I’ll fix it!

pintodeluxe,
I didn’t think of them.
I ended up using Sears Parts Direct They said the parts will be shipped withing 48 hours and the shipping was about half of the other place.

View Holt's profile

Holt

I’ve used them in the past. It took a long time for part of my order, but then I was ordering odd ball parts I couldn’t even find anyplace else. The table parts for my Workmate came in pretty quick, but I was ordering the buckle assembly (or whatever you call it) for my Hitachi router kit so I wouldn’t have to move it between the fixed and plunge bases, and a few of those pieces took them months to get. They emailed me status every month and fulfilled the order as soon as all of the parts for the assembly were collected.

View ChuckV's profile

ChuckV

I have had good experiences with them. I’m not doubting that yours were terrible. My last order was some odd parts for a 40-year-old lathe. They did hold up the order for just one part, but in this case it was the main part, so it made sense. They periodically sent me an email, and everything did finally arrive.

I am sorry to hear about your problems.

-- “That it will never come again / Is what makes life so sweet. ” ― Emily Dickinson

View RichTes's profile

RichTes

I ordered trunions for a Jet disc and belt sander. Have to take both and the originals to a mill and adjust the center hole since they don’t fit. Not sure the design changed but for $40 not happy reworking.

Rich

Dallas

I would be willing to give the company at least one star in good faith, but the customer service was, lets leave it at “Less than Stellar,” They pretty much told the wife to stick it where the sun isn’t gleaming brightly.
Yes, as she gets older, her people skills aren’t the best, but there is no reason for that type of CS BS.
When she told them we would be leaving reviews everywhere we could, they said, “Go ahead”.

And no, we never got a single email from them, no notification that we had even made an order. Not a single thing.

If this had been for non current parts I could see the back up, but this was for current pieces of equipment. If they are going to advertise shipping in 5 to 7 days they have a responsibility to the consumer to honor that.

The carburetors? I think there was no excuse for that. It was an attempt to extort more money out of an order they couldn’t fulfill.
I didn’t mention that the first carb they sent had hammer marks on it. I think it had possibly been returned after someone ordered it and it didn’t work.

I really hate to sound like sour grapes about any company, even Sears Craftsman, (that I have grumped about a lot!), but if they will send the parts we need in a timely manner, I will be happy to use them.

For all of you who have had great service from this company, I salute you!

View jimp's profile

jimp

I just ordered parts from my Ridgid Oscillating Sander from www.ereplacementparts.com and I couldn’t have been happier. I ordered the parts on Friday and they were in my mailbox on Monday afternoon.

Dallas – Sorry to hear about your luck.

-- - Jim, Carroll, OH

View Richard's profile

Richard

I also used them to get parts for my Makita recip saw and had the parts in 5 or 6 days no problem. To bad you had a bad time with them.

jimp and Richard,

I am happy you made out well with them, but after two tries and they pretty much had the same response? I cannot in any way recommend them to anyone.

One saw I am working on is for a lady with almost no money, but in order on selling her house, part of the deal is that some dead trees and other stuff has to be cut out.
The other saw is mine. I am a manager at an RV park. My boss would supply equipment for me but has cancer, The thinking isn’t as clear as it was. I would rather buy my own equipment and fix it myself, plus I am very good at this.
This is equipment that will take less than a half hour to fix and in the park itself I have at least seven trees to bring down. I cannot put a camper in any of the spots that are in the way of those trees.
When a company takes too long to ship with no notifications, I have to do something and this is it.

View dpwalker's profile

dpwalker

I had the same experience with the mentioned company. I ordered a part for my table saw & it took almost 2 weeks to ship & another 2 weeks to receive the part. I ordered my next parts from 1800toolrepair.com & had the parts within 10 days.

-- You have not really lived until you do something for someone who can never repay you.

View johnstoneb's profile

johnstoneb

I’ve had no problems with them all the times I have used them.

-- Bruce, Boise, ID

View Mainiac Matt 's profile

Mainiac Matt

I’ve dealt with them a couple times and got lucky… but I’ve come to suspect that most all of these places are just drop shipping from the manufacturer, or have somehow struck a deal to move Sears parts direct inventory.

I dealt with one of the other online parts places, and became convinced it was a basement moonlighting business, and that they only checked the web site every other day or so.

At least Sears is a “real” business venture…. you know, with employees who answer the phone.

-- Pine is fine, but Oak's no joke!

View quartrsawn's profile

quartrsawn

I have ordered from them several times , never had a problem.

-- Nat - West Sayville,L.I., NY

View Blackie_'s profile

Blackie_

Dallas, what about Amazon? I’ve never had any issues ordering through them, plus you get free 1 -2 day shipping on prime items.

-- Randy - If I'm not on LJ's then I'm making Saw Dust. Please feel free to visit my store location at http://www.facebook.com/randy.blackstock.custom.wood.designs