Freeman 23 Gauge Pinner

Review by MarkwithaK posted 09-18-2013 04:42 AM 2447 views 0 times favorited 6 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Freeman 23 Gauge Pinner No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

I’m not usually one to add tool reviews simply because just about everything I’ve either researched and/or bought has already been reviewed at least once….except for Freeman nail guns.

I guess I didn’t actually NEED a 23 gauge nailer but I sure as hell WANTED one, I just couldn’t justify the typical $100+ price tags that the well known units were commanding. I found the Freeman for just a hair over $50 through Amazon and pulled the trigger (no pun intended).

My first impression was that it is rather well built with enough heft that I don’t feel like it will shatter into it’s various components if it drops from the table but it’s not so heavy that it’s cumbersome to use. The fit and finish is extremely nice and in comparison to my Porter Cable nailers I would say that it is superior. The packaging was minimal but sufficient. The unit arrived with the air coupler already installed and included a small bottle of oil, some allen wrenches, a few extra bolts and a nifty pair of branded safety specs.

When I researched this particular model some reviewers took issue with it’s safety features….such as the fact that aren’t much to speak of. There is no nose safety nor is there one on the trigger. The lone safety is basically an “On/Off” switch located just above the go button. For some this might be a deal breaker but I was OK with it.

The max pin length is 1” which I’m fine with. I have no reason to shoot longer pins at the moment and if such a need presents itself I can always fall back on the brad nailer. Performance wise the only thing I could compare it to was my PC brad gun and the Freeman performed as it should. It drove those tiny little pins and left the faintest of holes in some maple ply. t does seem like it hits a bit hard but in all due fairness I had never used a pin nailer until today so this could be typical….and could also be the setting on my compressor.

In summary I am really impressed with this gun. For the quality at this price point I have no regrets.

-- If at first you don't succeed then maybe skydiving isn't for you.

View MarkwithaK's profile

MarkwithaK

View woodmaker's profile

woodmaker

#1 posted 09-18-2013 04:36 PM

I have this same nailer, found it for $26.00 but don’t remember where from. I’ve had it for two years and have had zero issues with it. 1” nails work fine for me and I haven’t needed anything longer than that in all this time.
Like you said, well built.

-- Mike

#2 posted 09-18-2013 11:46 PM

Great to hear, they are well built

-- Norman

View MarkwithaK's profile

MarkwithaK

#3 posted 09-19-2013 02:47 PM

I forgot to mention that this comes with a 7 year warranty.

-- If at first you don't succeed then maybe skydiving isn't for you.

View Roger's profile

#4 posted 09-21-2013 01:18 PM

Thnx for your review. I’ve been thinkin of gettin a 23 gauge nailer for a while. I may indulge in one o these. Sounds affordable.

-- Roger from KY. Work/Play/Travel Safe. Kentuk55@bellsouth.net

View Routerisstillmyname's profile

Routerisstillmyname

#5 posted 09-21-2013 04:43 PM

I wish more commpanies would start making 2 ” micro pinners for resonable price.

-- Router è ancora il mio nome.

View Chris 's profile

Chris

#6 posted 09-22-2013 01:07 AM

I have the exact same pin nailer and have been very happy with the performance not to mention the price point.