Grizzly G0656P Belmish

Review by Alan72 posted 297 days ago 3143 views 0 times favorited 8 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Grizzly G0656P Belmish Grizzly G0656P Belmish No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

This past June I was looking at the Grizzly 8” jointers on line when I came across this. It was $200.00 off the original price because it had a paint defect. I thought about it for a week and I called Grizzly on July 1st to see how many they had left. The lady on the phone said six, So I orded one, that very next day Grizzly came out with the 10% codes, I called when I got home from work the next day and I was told sorry there was notihing they could do. This was the 2nd time this past year this happened to me!
It took 7 days to get it ( I had to work) I setup a delievery for that following Monday @ 1230pm. I waited and my wife told me that her mother was coming over, my mother-in-law always gives me greef when I get a new tool. So the Semi truck pulled up in front of the house the the UPS man was pushing the jointer up the drive way and my lovely mother-in-law pulled up and just sat in her truck, she yelled out the window ” I thought you didn’t have any money Al ” I told her I won it! She said “Oh bullsh#t” I just laught it was my birthday and I didnt care.
I opened the base of the jointer thinking it was going to be a mess but to my surpise it was perfect. Next I opened the jointer bed, I noticed there was white paint chips mixed in the grease covering the bed. I cleaned up the grease and noticed some paint chipping off the the back of the jointer. I didn’t care I was thinking the worst. I tried to left the jointer on the base by my self for about 2 sec. My 73yr old father came over to see my new air craft carrier and said he could help so I waited for my brother. I couldn’t turn on the jointer for a week because I was putting a sub panel in the garage. When I first turned on the jointer I couldn’t believe how much more quite it is compared to my Ridgid jointer. Having the extra 2” and long bed is a great bonus. The only complaint I have about the jointer is that the power cord is too short. I went and replaced it with a #12 10 foot cord, I bought the wrong gauge wire so that ’s why the cord looks like it’s about to fall out, but is just fine.
The jointer with shipping cost me $745.00, I sold my Ridgid jointer for $260.00, so out of pocket the jointer only cost me $485.00 I think thats a great deal for 8” jointer. I don’t regret buying is jointer, this is my second piece of Grizzly equipment and I really love it.

View Alan72's profile

Alan72

View ScottKaye's profile

ScottKaye

Hey brother good score! I didn’t know Grizzly had a scratch and dent section on their web site. Can you point me to it?

-- "Nothing happens until you build it"

View Howie's profile

Howie

Congrats on the new tool. Maybe M-I-L should get a closer look.

-- Life is good.

Nice score, I have the same Jointer and it serves me well. Enjoy

View Alan72's profile

Alan72

Scott that was the first time that I’ve seen Grizzly put that on their web site. When I called, the girl on the phone didn’t know what I was talking about, she had to go to the site to look it up for herself. Grizzly must of had a bunch of jointers with that paint issue and I was lucky to get one at that price.

View Dwain's profile

Dwain

When I started reading I thought this would be a rant. Glad to hear you had a good experience. Enjoy your new jointer.

-- When you earnestly believe you can compensate for a lack of skill by doubling your efforts, there is no end to what you CAN'T do

Congrats on he jointer and I am sure a paint chip is of no consequence

-- Norman

View JoeinGa's profile

JoeinGa

200 bucks for a little paint chipping? I’d say you got a good deal.

And tell mom-in-law to go pound sand :-)

-- Perform A Random Act Of Kindness Today ... Pay It Forward

”Grizzly G0656P Belmish
So I was saying to myself , what the heck is a belmish and how does it rate 5 stars ?
Could it be a new tool that I haven’t heard about yet ?