Pleasantly surprised

Review by mummykicks posted 317 days ago 2191 views 1 time favorited 5 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Pleasantly surprised No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

Very pleased with this. I get zero dust below the table now, my router runs cooler (as do my bits), and when used with something like the incra master fence I’m dust free when doing anything that has the bit near the fence. Got mine on amazon for $40.
There is a plastic sheet that has velcro on it that the cup attaches to. I just cut it out to fit around my lift and double stick taped it to my router plate. Has worked fine.
I don’t ever remove my router from the table, so I can’t comment how easily it comes off and goes back on the velcro, so if you do a lot of that maybe it would knock a star off the rating.
I also have a muscle chuck and with that I don’t have to compress the cup much at all to do bit changes. Even without the chuck it would still be pretty painless.
I’ve got it hooked to a rigid vac with a 2-1/2” hose and it has more than enough suction…
Well worth it IMO.

View mummykicks's profile

mummykicks

View Dallas's profile

Dallas

Ummmm, the color blue looks vaguely Kreg related.

Could you give us a bit more information, maybe a brand and a model number, where you found it on Amazon…...
You Know, just some non essential information

-- Improvise.... Adapt...... Overcome!

View Chuck Anstrom's profile

Chuck Anstrom

I found it at Amazon under “Dust Collector Kit for Router Tables” by Keen. I think this is the one.

-- Chuck Anstrom - Virginia

View Andrew Betschman's profile

Andrew Betschman

Is it the same at the Keen router table dust collection video I posted here. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O40nITxk4Dg Review here. http://lumberjocks.com/Riowood1000/blog/35685

-- Andrew, Ohio http://andrewmbetschman.com/

View ScottKaye's profile

ScottKaye

Great review!

-- "Nothing happens until you build it"

View TechRedneck's profile

TechRedneck

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED… There have been some discussions and reviews on this previously.

It looks like the Keen model. I have been using one for about a year now and think it is brilliant. I have it on a Jessem table with a Triton 3HP router. Hardly any dust escapes and it keeps the bearings and floor clean.

No need for a box around the router with a dust port, just this. Above the table bit changes with the Triton are a breeze. Even though I have the above the table crank for adjustment, it is easier to reach under the table, release the lock lever and micro adjust the height. Simple and effective.

-- Mike.... West Virginia. "Man is a tool using animal. Without tools he is nothing, with tools he is all.". T Carlyle