Leigh VRS - the VRS24 exactly

Review by ken_c posted 09-11-2013 03:53 PM 1478 views 0 times favorited 6 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Leigh VRS - the VRS24 exactly No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

I purchased the VRS attachment for my Leigh jig a while ago but hadn’t needed to make any dovetails for a while – until now – The vacuum attachment is well worth the $100. I estimate dust collection now at about 98%. I would highly recommend anyone with a Leigh jig pony up the extra cash and get that attachment. Mine is hooked up to a 4” port on the central dust collection but gets reduced to a 2 1/4” hose at the jig. That provides a fairly low air speed for dust collection – I would expect that if it were hooked up to a shop-vac that the dust collection would be near 100% due to the higher air speed. But @ 98% who can complain – the 2% escape-age is the large chunks that get tossed out by the bit – the fine dust is taken right away.

“http://www.leighjigs.com/kits.php”

View ken_c's profile

ken_c

269 posts in 1916 days

View HillbillyShooter's profile

HillbillyShooter

#1 posted 09-11-2013 04:57 PM

Thanks for the review. I too use the VRS attachment for my Leigh jig and a separate dust attachment for each of my routers. The jig attachment in on an old Craftsman shop vac and the routers are on my Festool vac. Must be the Craftsman shop vac because I’d estimate I only get 75% to 85% dust collection at the VRS attachment for the 2-1/4” hose. Maybe it’s time to look for another shop vac.

#2 posted 09-11-2013 06:20 PM

Sounds like better dust collection than my current method of a shop fan at my back.

View ArtistryinWood's profile

ArtistryinWood

#3 posted 09-12-2013 02:24 AM

Bought mine with the VRS attachment and i agree, picks up almost all the dust.

-- It seem's to me i could live my life, a lot better than i think i am. Andrew, Midland, Ont.

View Ottacat's profile

Ottacat

#4 posted 09-12-2013 01:30 PM

I just like mine for the extra support it give the router. The dust collection is a nice bonus. I have mine connected to a shop vac and I’d say its certainly above 90%. There will always dust and particles that escape.

View Mark Gipson's profile

Mark Gipson

#5 posted 09-13-2013 12:46 AM

I got this with my Super 12, I tried cutting one set without it as a test and the added router support and dust collection is well worth having.

View jusfine's profile

jusfine

#6 posted 09-29-2013 05:40 PM

Thanks for the review, I purchased one last winter but have not used it yet. Glad to hear it is worth the money!

-- Randy "You are judged as much by the questions you ask as the answers you give..."