Eye Wash Cup

Review by Stephenw posted 09-09-2013 11:33 PM 1943 views 0 times favorited 5 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Eye Wash Cup No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

You should always wear safety glasses.

If sawdust or dirt gets in an eye, I’ll reach for a Flents glass eye wash cup.

1. Put some water or eye wash solution in the cup.

2. Hold the cup over the affected eye.

3. While holding the eye open, tilt the head back and wait a couple of seconds for the debris to float loose.

4. Tip the head forward. The water and debris will hopefully drain into the cup.

5. Repeat as needed with clean water or eye wash solution.

-- http://www.garagebulletin.com/

View Stephenw's profile

Stephenw

View Pete_Jud's profile

Pete_Jud

#1 posted 09-10-2013 05:54 AM

I have one in the shop as well, but I mine is at least 80 years old, don’t know who made it, as it came from my grandfathers estate. He died in the 40s, but I keep a lot of Walmart bottled water in the shop, so easy to fill the cup when needed.

PS. I always wear eye protection when working with power tools in the shop.

-- Life is to short to own an ugly boat.

View woodmaker's profile

woodmaker

#2 posted 09-10-2013 04:28 PM

These are great! Having had welding flash 4 times in m ty life it comes in very handy for administering the Murine. :-)

-- Mike

-- Tom D

View Stephenw's profile

Stephenw

#4 posted 09-11-2013 11:33 AM

I got mine on Amazon. The one I have is not available, but there are other brands. The Flint brand I have is available from other sources.

Search for “eye wash cup” on Amazon or with Google.

-- http://www.garagebulletin.com/

View Shawn Masterson's profile

Shawn Masterson

#5 posted 09-15-2013 03:41 PM

I just want to say I wear safety glasses most of the time. Unless you are wearing spogles (glasses with a foam rim to seal them to your face) there will always be something getting around regular safety glasses. The wash cups are a great minor investment. Take it from me you don’t want to have something scraped out of you eyeball.