New Sander

Review by RussellAP posted 09-09-2013 09:33 PM 1579 views 0 times favorited 3 comments Add to Favorites Watch
New Sander No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

I’ve used my new sander on about 15 cutting boards so far. All hardwood.

6 position variable speed.

84.97$ at Amazon

Grits, 60, 80, 120, 240.

Pros:
I like the way it feels in my hand.
I like the way it feels on the wood.
I love that it stops quickly so I can put it down.

Cons:
Has a hard time spinning though 60g.

I guess the con isn’t fair of me, nothing really spins good with 60G on it.

I only use 60G because my planer has a catch on one of the blades and i’m too lazy to fix it, so I need a heavy grit to sand out the line quickly.

It’s nothing special, but it’s one more sander for me. I use sanders more than just about any tool in the shop.

Porter cable sells the exact same sander (dif color) for 20$ more, so stay away from that one.

-- A positive attitude will take you much further than positive thinking ever will.

View RussellAP's profile

RussellAP

View NiteWalker's profile

NiteWalker

#1 posted 09-09-2013 11:15 PM

I have the same sander and love it.
I haven’t used it with 60 grit though; lowest I go is 80.

I’ve seen the pc version for around the same price at times.

-- He who dies with the most tools... dies with the emptiest wallet.

View Dedvw's profile

Dedvw

#2 posted 09-10-2013 01:54 AM

I have the same sander that was purchased on Amazon. Overall, I like the sander. It does not bog down and fits well in my large hands.

My only complaint is that my pad stops spinning easily with all the grits I use. It did start to spin more freely after a few hours of use, but still nowhere near as much as other RO sanders I’ve used.

View Woodtodust's profile

Woodtodust

#3 posted 09-10-2013 02:21 PM

I have the same sander and I have been very pleased. I do not like sanding but this makes my least favorite job easier and a little less onerous. The dust collection works very well. I often just use the DC bag—built in to the sander-for small jobs and connect directly to my shop vac when doing a lot of sanding. Both work great.

I recently had a problem after about a year where the brake disintegrated. I called customer support at DeWalt and, with no questions asked, a new one was immediately shipped to me. Customer service is important to me and DW demonstrated responsiveness and ease-of-use when I needed them. To me, a good working tool and customer support is what helps me make future purchase decisions.

-- Bill...Richmond Hill, GA--"83% of all statistics are made up."