Saved me a lot of time and money

Review by bluejazz posted 09-08-2013 06:47 PM 2009 views 3 times favorited 5 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Saved me a lot of time and money Saved me a lot of time and money Saved me a lot of time and money Click the pictures to enlarge them

Despite years of trying, we never really broke our cat of racing up the stairs and then launching herself at the door jamb, semi-firmly grasping the molding with her claws and sliding down. The results were predictable. Selling the house provided an unwanted opportunity to test this product.

There are two photos of the molding here, one before using Howard’s Restor-A-Finish (Golden Oak) and one after. I hope they do the improvement justice. If it turns out the photos don’t show it well, believe me, in real life you will smile at the large improvement in the scratched surfaces.

I didn’t believe going in it would work- Old English sure didn’t. Needless to say, my expectations were exceeded.

It also comes in Walnut and Mahogany, maybe others as well.

-- I'm 56. In my mind, I still feel 26. Until I do something physical; then I feel 76.

View bluejazz's profile

bluejazz

View HillbillyShooter's profile

HillbillyShooter

#1 posted 09-08-2013 07:46 PM

Thanks for the review. I’ll keep this Howard product in mind. I use Howard orange wax and it’s great—learned about it here on LJ.

View dustyal's profile

dustyal

#2 posted 09-09-2013 12:24 AM

Used the product on kitchen cabinets when getting ready to sell our house. Looked great. Very happy with product. Saved hours and big $’s. your project is typical example. Well done.

-- Al H. - small shop, small projects...

View Kaleb the Swede's profile

Kaleb the Swede

#3 posted 09-09-2013 12:42 AM

Just used this stuff on a piano that we got for free. Cleaned it up very nice. Really good stuff

-- Just trying to build something beautiful

View jimr1cos's profile

jimr1cos

#4 posted 09-09-2013 03:21 AM

I have used the Howard products on several badly scratched furniture items with good results. Has anyone found a product besides their wax that will provide protection f the refinish?

View Bullet's profile

Bullet

150 posts in 2024 days

#5 posted 09-12-2013 02:01 PM

I love this stuff. Their wax is awesome as well.

-- Anything is possible when you have no idea what you're talking about.