Grizzly G0555LANV - 30 Year Anniversary Edition

Review by JSB posted 09-04-2013 02:47 AM 6461 views 2 times favorited 17 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Grizzly G0555LANV - 30 Year Anniversary Edition No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

I bought the anniversary edition of the popular G0555. 100% pleased with this saw. Absolutely zero complaints. The fit and finish is flawless. The base is strong. All blade guide and table adjustments are easily adjusted. I can change a blade in about 30 seconds with the quick tension release. It has a blade tension gauge as well. 4” dust collection hose port in the lower rear works great. The motor is strong.

I wrote a longer, picture filled article about the saw that you can read here

-- Jay - http://www.jayscustomcreations.com or http://www.woodworkingwithsketchup.com

View AngieO's profile

AngieO

#1 posted 09-04-2013 03:15 AM

You know… Like I said… I’ve been drooling over band saws for a while now. But I’ve managed to put off getting one. Now I bet you are going to go and post some great project using it and I’ll be “forced” to go out and get one. :)

#2 posted 09-04-2013 03:21 AM

Well if you’re “forced” to go get one I have a good recomedation on which one to get :)

View lumbermeister's profile

lumbermeister

#3 posted 09-04-2013 04:24 AM

Nice full write up of this saw on you personal website. One item: The blade tension gauge on your saw is not “foolproof”; better start plucking it like a guitar sting when tensioning (or employing another method to gauge tension). Remember, any slight difference in the overall length of a blade due to variation in the weld location (not all blades of a stated length are, in fact, actually created to that exact length) and the saw’s gauge is rendered inaccurate (you’ll note that the tension “gauge” on the saw is actually a sort of indicator and not a gauge at all, because it does not measure anything, while the pluck method does).

Here’s to many happy blade revolutions on your new saw!

View Rick M.'s profile

Rick M.

#4 posted 09-04-2013 06:10 AM

How long have you been using this saw? It looks brand new.

-- http://thewoodknack.blogspot.com/

15304 posts in 1937 days

#5 posted 09-04-2013 08:10 AM

I have has this saw for some time and has been a great saw…. I upgraded and bought the riser kit and love it. Why only 4 stars?

View Don "Dances with Wood" Butler's profile

Don "Dances with Wood" Butler

#6 posted 09-04-2013 12:43 PM

I have the predecessor to your saw, the GO555.
Black!!
Mine’s green.
I see they’ve changed the blade tension release. Good.
I’m not very happy about the placement of the dust collection, though. I’d rather see it higher up under the table.
The Grizzly is a good saw, overall.

ddwwb

-- Will trade wife's yarn for tools.

View Roger's profile

#7 posted 09-04-2013 02:31 PM

Congrats on your new, fine machine

-- Roger from KY. Work/Play/Travel Safe. Kentuk55@bellsouth.net

#8 posted 09-04-2013 02:35 PM

Lumbermeister – Good to know, thanks.

Rick – About a week of good use.

Ken – My rating is the silver 5 stars. The orange/yellow 4 stars is the average.

Don – It works well if you ask me. I just need to get some above the table dust collection.

View Kaleb the Swede's profile

Kaleb the Swede

#9 posted 09-04-2013 04:07 PM

I am jealous Jay. I have had my eye on it for a while but I still don’t have the money. Maybe one day (when the sale is done). Great review though

-- Just trying to build something beautiful

View lazyoakfarm's profile

lazyoakfarm

#10 posted 09-04-2013 04:26 PM

I like the Jig wall.

View whitebeast88's profile

whitebeast88

#11 posted 09-04-2013 08:50 PM

thanks for the well writen review.i’ve had my eye on it since it came out earlier in the year,glad to have a review on it.

congrats on the saw!!

-- Marty.Athens,AL

View dpmeyer4867's profile

dpmeyer4867

#12 posted 09-04-2013 08:58 PM

I bought it too. Just got the riser block kit. Went to Harbor Frieght to get a mobile base. I am happy with it all.

View Surfside's profile

Surfside

#13 posted 09-04-2013 09:07 PM

That is a really nice saw. I wish I could buy a new saw this year. Great review.

View Howie's profile

Howie

#14 posted 09-04-2013 09:37 PM

Congrats on your saw. I’m sure you will like it. I have the GO555X and have been using it for at least 5 years with no regrets.
(can’t change the blade in 30 seconds though)

-- Life is good.

View nobuckle's profile

nobuckle

#15 posted 09-29-2013 06:58 PM

Sweeeeet! That’s like having a Corvette in the garage. I know it’s a sin to be covetous but I’d be a liar if I said I wasn’t jealous. I look forward to seeing that beauty in use. Take care.

-- Doug - Make an effort to live by the slogan "We try harder"