excellent wood supplier around suffolk va

Review by yrob posted 336 days ago 1862 views 0 times favorited 3 comments Add to Favorites Watch
excellent wood supplier around suffolk va No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

Last weekend i found there was a sawmill right in my backyard, literally a few miles away.

i went to check it out and somehow returned with over a 100 bf of
cherry, poplar and maple. mostly skip planed on one side and one edge jointed. The owner chris was very friendly and took care of me letting me choose my wood.
they are a small operation but have high quality wood at good prices. They carry cherry, walnut, maple, poplar,cypress and a lot more. apparently what chris
can not get locally he imports logs from neighboring states.

you can check them out on the web or facebook by searching for somerton ridge hardwoods.
if you are in southeastern virginia i highly recommend them.

-- Yves

View yrob's profile

yrob

View builderbru's profile (online now)

builderbru

I’m. From Michigan and bought a truck load of great lumber from Chris last summer while visiting my son at Langley Air Force base. Great people and the best service. Can’t wait to go back this coming spring.

View Joe's profile

Joe

185 posts in 1995 days

Yep, Chris is a good fella. I now get all my lumber from him. Few weeks back I picked up 300BF 4/4 red oak for 1.00 a BF, but I had to take it all to get it at that price. I believe he sells some to Yukon lumber in Norfolk and WoodCraft in Virginia Beach. I used to buy from Yukon but no longer. He got a hell of a nice place out there too…

-- Senior Chief

I will have to look into this supplier, I travel to Suffolk a bit for work. Never heard of him, will check it out

-- Norman