Night and Day

Review by mummykicks posted 08-22-2013 06:56 PM 2578 views 0 times favorited 16 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Night and Day No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

Bought one of these at HD last night and changed out my Bosch 60T blade that came with my Bosch gcm12SD miter saw, and the difference is indeed night and day between the two. I was getting clean cuts with the stock blade, but it was burning the cuts regardless of how fast or slow I seemed to feed it. I read good reviews about other freud blades here, so I decided to give it a shot.
Wow! absolutely effortless cuts. There is just no comparison to the stock blade. I can’t even hear it cutting over the sound of the saw! I just see it going into the wood like some video with the sound turned off, at least cutting MDF. The stock blade was VERY loud and drowned out the motor noise when cutting.
Flawless cuts so far. I’ll see how long it lasts
At any rate, well worth the $60 price tag IMO.

View mummykicks's profile

mummykicks

5386 posts in 1921 days

#1 posted 08-22-2013 07:31 PM

I am not sure if I reviewed mine, but likewise, I have that blade and love it. Made a jewel out of a junk HF 12” slider…

-- My workshop blog can be found at http://daves-workshop.blogspot.com

View MrFid's profile (online now)

MrFid

#2 posted 08-22-2013 07:39 PM

I’ll agree with this. Mine is great and performs very well on a DeWalt DW715. Makes finish grade cuts.

-- Bailey F - Eastern Mass.

View BTimmons's profile

BTimmons

#3 posted 08-22-2013 08:03 PM

Got a Freud combo blade. Made a huge difference in my antiquated direct drive contractor table saw.

-- Brian Timmons - http://www.BigTWoodworks.com

View bobasaurus's profile

bobasaurus

#4 posted 08-22-2013 09:48 PM

Is that a rip, crosscut, or atb/combo blade? I have a freud thin-kerf atb blade and it’s pretty good for most tasks though still burns a hair on rips that I push too slowly.

-- Allen, Colorado

View MarkTheFiddler's profile

MarkTheFiddler

#5 posted 08-22-2013 11:46 PM

$60 is a good price for a decent crosscut. I paid more than that for my comparable Italian made dewalt blade but I have been well pleased with it. Let us know how you like it after you really put it through it’s paces. By the way – I’m envious of your Bosch miter saw.

Since Brian brought up the regular Freud blades for the TS, I have to agree that the Freud full kerf combos do the job very nicely. I rarely install my freud ripping blade unless I have a lot of ripping to do.

Some very kind soul mentioned that the stock blades on most of these saws are pretty junky. I have to agree with them. We should donate all of our stock blades to a movie studio so they can make another mad max movie.

-- Thanks for all the lessons!

View patcollins's profile

patcollins

#6 posted 08-22-2013 11:47 PM

That is a very fine cross cut blade, a rip blade will solve the burning on ripping what are you using that burns during some rips a 40 tooth general purpose?

View cutworm's profile

cutworm

#7 posted 08-23-2013 12:49 AM

Thanks for the info.

-- Steve - "Never Give Up"

View Routerisstillmyname's profile

Routerisstillmyname

#8 posted 08-23-2013 02:18 AM

Been using the 10 inch version on my TS for over 3 years and still amazing.lot of carbide for resharpening also.

-- Router è ancora il mio nome.

#9 posted 08-23-2013 09:00 AM

I have the same blade for several year.
I fully agree.

View toddbeaulieu's profile

toddbeaulieu

#10 posted 08-23-2013 04:51 PM

I love all my Freud cutters. Can’t wrong with Freud cutters. Just don’t waste your money on their routers.

View JudsonTN's profile

JudsonTN

#11 posted 08-23-2013 08:42 PM

I agree that this is a great blade. I have used the 10” version over a year now on my Hitachi C10FSH and it gives flawless edges.

-- “The only man who never makes mistakes is the man who never does anything.” Teddy Roosevelt

View mantwi's profile

mantwi

#12 posted 08-24-2013 05:12 AM

For the budget minded let me throw this out there. on a recent trim job I needed a new blade so off to HD, while perusing the Freuds I happened to notice a two pack of Avanti Pro 60 tooth Finish Blades for $35.00. At that price it was easy to justify a trial run and I haven’t regretted it. If these blades leave any scratches I’d need a microscope to find them, not bad for the price and especially with the bonus blade thrown in. If you need a blade and are short on cash try it, you’ll like it.

View Dave G's profile

Dave G

#13 posted 08-27-2013 12:41 AM

Me too. Use the 10” Diablo both for ripping and crosscut with no issues either way in any wood. I don’t understand the theory that makes it work well for ripping – it just does even after two years of weekend use.

-- Dave, New England - “We are made to persist. that's how we find out who we are.” ― Tobias Wolff

View mummykicks's profile

mummykicks

#14 posted 08-27-2013 02:11 PM

In the process of making 6 picture frames from 1×3 pine. Just awesome cuts with this blade. It has transformed my miter saw from good to great. No burning or tear out at all, regardless of whether the profile is down or up. I’d have a very difficult time justifying a more expensive blade than this… I’ll be doing some oak in a bit so maybe that will slow it down some but I doubt it.

View Surfside's profile

Surfside

#15 posted 08-27-2013 09:05 PM

Planning to get table saw. Need to narrow down my search in good blades too! Thanks for posting.