Now I've seen it all!!!

Review by Davynurse posted 08-20-2013 03:12 PM 2212 views 0 times favorited 14 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Now I've seen it all!!! Now I've seen it all!!! No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

The other day one of my co-workers was telling me about a new scent in the line of products she carries (wax scent bars) and of coarse she thought of me, probably because I drive her nuts talking about woodworking (BTW I work with all woman) Anyway back on task :).... The scent to me didnt smell like wood, Kind of a prerequisite I thought, but its not a bad scent either, confusing right? When I think of my woodshop I think of fresh saw dust early in the morning but this missed the mark a bit. The whole reason I did this review was to show you guys this odd little product and thought some of you would get a laugh out of it and maybe try it, so support your local Scentsy reps and buy one and try it for yourself.

-- Arguments with furniture are rarely productive. (Kehlog Albran)

View Davynurse's profile

Davynurse

View Manitario's profile

Manitario

#1 posted 08-20-2013 04:41 PM

lol, depends what wood the “woodshop” smells like. I’m not sure too many people would want to buy a product that smells like my shop after I’ve been cutting oak (smells like vomit to me) or using pure tung oil. Frequently I’ll come in from the shop after doing finishing and my wife will insist that I shower immediately “You smell like chemicals!”. I’m guessing that is not the scent this product is aiming for…

-- Sometimes the creative process requires foul language. -- Charles Neil

View JustJoe's profile

JustJoe

#2 posted 08-20-2013 04:48 PM

If not sawdust, then how would you describe the scentsy scent? My workshop has some big metal tools in it too so they’d have to add a touch of 30W oil smell just to round it out.
Too bad we don’t have scratch-n-sniff on the computer.

-- This Ad Space For Sale! Your Ad Here! Reach a targeted audience! Affordable Rates, easy financing! Contact an ad represenative today at JustJoe's Advertising Consortium.

#3 posted 08-20-2013 04:52 PM

Nice.

View Kirk Hutcherson's profile

Kirk Hutcherson

#4 posted 08-20-2013 05:13 PM

Reminded me of a line of many scented candles I saw on tv a while back. A series of candles of scents that relate to manly activities. Such as Campfire, fresh cut grass, bacon, etc… Here’s a link:

-- Kirk

View Davynurse's profile

Davynurse

#5 posted 08-20-2013 05:31 PM

To give a true description is difficult, the best I can call it is they tried to make a pine scent mixed with something else what the other smell is I cant say for sure. Smells kinda like poision to me :)

-- Arguments with furniture are rarely productive. (Kehlog Albran)

View JoeinGa's profile

JoeinGa

#6 posted 08-20-2013 08:08 PM

And of course we ALL know what WD40 smells like, right? :-)

-- Perform A Random Act Of Kindness Today ... Pay It Forward

View doordude's profile

doordude

#7 posted 08-21-2013 02:40 AM

i think i’ll stick with my own sent, when I fire up the tools!

View OggieOglethorpe's profile

OggieOglethorpe

#8 posted 08-21-2013 07:13 PM

Does it smell like sweat, farts, and empty beer bottles with a little cedar or pine?

View chrisstef's profile

chrisstef

#9 posted 08-21-2013 07:17 PM

Barry – are you sneaking in my shop again? I told you to stay on your side of the river.

-- "there aren’t many hand tools as awe-inspiring as the #8 jointer. I mean, it just reeks of cast iron heft and hubris" - Smitty

View badcrayon's profile

badcrayon

#10 posted 08-22-2013 03:15 PM

I guess they never smelled shop after cutting zebrawood.

-- Bad Crayon Studio

View helluvawreck's profile

helluvawreck

#11 posted 08-22-2013 03:51 PM

I’ll just stick with whatever my shop smells like on any particular day.

helluvawreck aka Charles

View stefang's profile

stefang

13633 posts in 2089 days

#12 posted 08-22-2013 05:56 PM

I have to admit that I don’t go to my shop for smell experience. This is more likely a product for someone raised on a farm but now living in the city and with no wood shop.

-- Mike, an American living in Norway.

#13 posted 08-24-2013 02:58 AM

Someone had to come up with it sooner of later

-- Norman

View Jeff_in_LSMO's profile

Jeff_in_LSMO

#14 posted 08-30-2013 05:37 PM

My favorite smells, in a weird sort of way, and in no particular order;
- far-off-skunk (I don’t know why, I’ve just always kind of liked it)
- horse barn (ok, ok, ok… cleaned horse barn)
- freshly cut hay
- hay loft
- humus (aka rotten leaves and dirt)
- brush or leaf pile fire
- camp fire
- mountains (specifically… dense pine forest above 5000ft)
- freshly cut cherry (reminds me of angle food cake)
- rain
- high octane (reminds me of the dirt track)
- tequila

Smells I hate
- grease / oil
- dirty diaper pale
- close-up-skunk
- dog fart
- guy in the stall next to me (ever heard of a courtesy flush?)
- burning rubber
- asphalt
- hairspray…make that most feminine products
- tequila