|Review by scarpenter002||posted 08-18-2013 01:00 AM||6392 views||1 time favorited||9 comments|
- DeWalt DWS520CK TrackSaw Kit with 59" & 102" Track
- Brand: DeWalt | Category: Circular Saws
I purchased this Dewalt TrackSaw kit last year for Christmas. I purchased this specifically for larger projects that require sheet goods, such as the New Yankee Miter Saw Bench & Cabinets I am building. (See my blog here.)
This tool was shipped directly from Dewalt Due to the length of the 102” track, it was shipped via freight. There was some confusion in the shipping process. requiring me to contact the local freight company to schedule delivery. The saw was attached to a small pallet and the long track was encased in a wood box. Everything was in wonderful condition when unwrapped.
- Both tracks are very rigid delivering straight cuts
- Zero-Clearance splinter guard delivers splinter free cuts on the fence side
- Two fence sizes support ripping a 96” sheet or cross-cutting the 48” width
- Has nice depth stop adjustment (shown in third picture)
- Has bevel adjustment up to 47 degrees (shown in third picture)
- Has a standard 1 1/4” dust port. With my vac attached, sawdust is minimal.
- Has plunge cut and riving knife
- 6 1/2” blade, support cut depth up to 2 1/8” at 90 degrees
- Comes with a case for the saw
- Additional optional accessories can be added such as track clamps, router attachment, and miter gauge. (Please see my other reviews for the track clamps and router attachment.)
- Some splintering on the outside of the blade (i.e. away from the track)
- Tracks could be a few inches longer to provide full support at the start and finish
I love this saw. I have used it extensively on my miter bench project. Even though I have listed a couple of minor cons, it is not enough to justify marking it down a star. I expect to get many years of work out of this kit.
Thanks for reading.
-- Scott in Texas