safety glasses with 3x magnification lens

Review by Holbs posted 342 days ago 1313 views 2 times favorited 6 comments Add to Favorites Watch
safety glasses with 3x magnification lens No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

while cruising through my local woodworking source store, I was in need of safety glasses to use in the work shop to replace my more bulkier goggles. Up popped these guys. What’s interesting is that the sub-lens (whatever they are called?) are 3x magnification. Handy as I am starting to have issues seeing things upclose. Figured, other LJ’s would be interested in something like this as well.
Official title:

CatEyes
SG-AF-MAG3.0
Diopter Anti-Fog
$6.99

They also have 1.5x and 2.0x magnification glasses.

View Holbs's profile

Holbs

View JustJoe's profile

JustJoe

I’ve got 3 sets of safety glasses, but I’m always looking for more (I’d like a set of glasses and hearing protection at every power tool). That’s a decent price too. How well does the 3x magnification work, how sturdy do the ear-handle things seem attached to the frame?

-- This Ad Space For Sale! Your Ad Here! Reach a targeted audience! Affordable Rates, easy financing! Contact an ad represenative today at JustJoe's Advertising Consortium.

View Holbs's profile

Holbs

they fit perfectly snug. i know safety glasses as i must wear them at work. these, are fantastic even without the biopter parts. the mag 3x’s does… well… it does magnify 3x’s. i can see my wrinkles on my hand really clear with them at about 8” away from the glasses :)
the ear – handle things are plastic with a metal pin holding to the frame. i do not expect these to last the ages, but for $7… they are a winner in my shop.

View Rick M.'s profile

Rick M.

I need a pair, tired of switching back and forth between reading glasses and safety glasses.

-- |Statistics show that 100% of people bitten by a snake were close to it.|

View Chris Moellering's profile

Chris Moellering

Nice. My optometrist recently mentioned the “b” word to me as being on the horizon. These may be a good solution for the shop.

bifocals

-- Grace & peace, Chris+

View DaleM's profile

DaleM

898 posts in 1982 days

I just got my first pair of bifocals last month and I’m still getting used to them, but I love having them already. I was using the grinder at work yesterday and thinking I should put on the safety glasses that were hanging right there, but they don’t fit well over my glasses so I didn’t wear them. Something like this would definitely help me. I just searched and found them online, but I’m thinking I need to find some locally so I could try on the different strengths.

-- Dale Manning, Carthage, NY

View sgmdwk's profile

sgmdwk

I got my first bifocals 20 years ago. They got more annoying 4 years back, when I had cataract surgery. Now I see well at distances, but still need correction up close. These glasses would be well worth a try for shop use. Thanks for posting the review.

-- Dave K.