Review by Don W posted 350 days ago 2014 views 0 times favorited 7 comments Add to Favorites Watch
American Wood & Metal Planes: From the Collection of the D'Elia Antique Tool Museum American Wood & Metal Planes: From the Collection of the D'Elia Antique Tool Museum American Wood & Metal Planes: From the Collection of the D'Elia Antique Tool Museum Click the pictures to enlarge them

A post card came with the “Patented Transitional and Metallic Planes in America” Vol II for this book. It was about $30 -$35 shipped. I decided to buy it. If you like hand planes, buy, use and collect hand planes, this book is a must have.

If you like thumbing through 340 pages of high quality pictures of hand plane, with maker, inventor and some other relevant information, this book is a must have.

It doesn’t have the detailed information like Roger Smith’s two Patented Transitional and Metallic Planes in America Volumes, but its a lot of different planes and a lot more pictures. I just looked at amazon, and there are a few used for $19.

If you can thumb through this book once and put it down, your not serious about your hand planes.

-- Master hand plane hoarder. - http://timetestedtools.com

View Don W's profile (online now)

Don W

View BigRedKnothead's profile (online now)

BigRedKnothead

Cool Don. Just ordered one. I mean, I’ll check it out….but I’m not really a “collector” ya know:)

-- Red -- "There's nothin' in the world so sad as talking to a man, who never knew his life was his for making." Ray LamMontagne

View AnthonyReed's profile (online now)

AnthonyReed

Thanks Don.

-- ~Tony

View terryR's profile

terryR

Thanks for the recommendation, Don! I just love books with purty pics…

My wife has turned me onto Kindle in the past few weeks…wow, am I behind the times! :)

-- tr ...see one, do one, teach one...

View Surfside's profile

Surfside

Thanks for sharing. This is quite interesting.

View poopiekat's profile

poopiekat

I gotta get me a copy!! I’m looking, waiting for replies to my queries about shipping to Canada.
Thanks, DonW for posting, I wasn’t aware such a book existed!

View Mauricio's profile

Mauricio

Wow, looks like some great stuff in that book.

-- Mauricio - Woodstock, GA - "Confusion is the Womb of Learning, with utter conviction being it's Tomb" Prof. T.O. Nitsch

View Dave's profile