|Review by MsDebbieP||posted 2376 days ago||3089 views||0 times favorited||5 comments|
(Photo from dremel.com)
Reason For Purchase
I purchased this Dremel to do drilling, cutting, carving, routing, and all that the tool says it will do. I thought that the size would fit with my woodworking skills and building projects of the future. It was also the “supreme” version of the tool at the time.
Right from the first use I knew that I loved this tool. It was great for sanding small places and for etching in glass. Loved it!
The following list of features is from the Dremel site:
- NEW 400 Series XPR™ Dremel tools feature more power & new accessories!
- 2.0 amp permanent magnet motor for consistent performance at ALL speed settings
- 5,000 – 35,000 rpm speed range – no other AC power tool is faster. “Let Speed Do the Work!”
- Motor fan designed for maximum airflow based on speed selection
- Motor brushes are easy to change, extending your rotary tool life by over 300 hours of use
- Performance for new, exclusive, XPR attachments!
- On/Off slide switch for quick and easy access
- Convenient collet lock button with lock-out feature and quick accessory changes
- Speed settings for ideal application control and performance.
- Maintains speed setting after tool is turned off
- Ergonomic and contoured design
- Soft grip in “key” gripping areas
- Ideal comfort and control during tool use
- Dremel Mini Accessory kits snap into the XPR tool case, which means they’re always ready. Add new kits at any time for the flexibility to organize your case by the job at hand. The XPR case has room for 2 removable Mini Accessory kits, and the deluxe XPR case has room for 4.
- “Dove Tail” feature for “NEW” Dremel attachments
- Each of the 3 models include the same tool and special XPR carrying case, with different accessory assortments
Then, I bought a dremel router table for it, only to find that the 400 series tool would not work with the table. Later I purchased the plunge router attachment and it, too, doesn’t work with the 400 series tool. This was really disappointing because I had a tool that was multi-purposed and could do all things.
My 400 tool now sits in my work station accessory, for drilling the holes for my scroll work. I purchased a second Dremel to fit in the router attachments.
I really love this tool, on its own and highly recommend it—UNLESS you want to use it with some of their attachments. It probably won’t fit.
-- ~ Debbie, Canada (https://www.facebook.com/DebbiePribeleENJOConsultant)