Great New Design for Incra Router Plate Inserts

Review by Greg..the Cajun Box Sculptor posted 08-06-2013 11:43 PM 2752 views 1 time favorited 9 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Great New Design for Incra Router Plate Inserts No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

I have an Incra master Lift II and it has the magnetic insert plates that are the best thing since sliced bread…but now that sliced bread has become even tastier with the new Incra Clean Sweep Inserts. I bough a set of these last week because I like the idea of them eliminating most of the dust and chips that always occur with pretty much all router plates…sure seemed like a good design idea when I looked at their video.

So, I bought a set and used them in my router table as soon as they arrived since I was just getting ready to do some router work with a 1/2” spiral bit…perfect timing…they work great as expected…because everything I have ever purchased from Incra has exceeded my expectations. another great accessory from a 100% American Made product.

View NiteWalker's profile

NiteWalker

#1 posted 08-07-2013 12:08 AM

Nice job Incra!
They took their already amazing steel inserts and made them even better. :-)

-- He who dies with the most tools... dies with the emptiest wallet.

View Roger's profile

#2 posted 08-07-2013 12:48 AM

Thnx for the review Greg. Looks like a good design, and it’s not gonna kill your wallet

-- Roger from KY. Work/Play/Travel Safe. Kentuk55@bellsouth.net

View widdle's profile

widdle

#3 posted 08-07-2013 03:09 AM

Those look nice…not a fan of plastic..

View Matt Przybylski's profile

Matt Przybylski

#4 posted 08-08-2013 12:40 AM

Greg, I have the same lift and have contemplated buying this set as well. What are you using under the table for dust collection? Do you have a box that surrounds the router? They have a clean sweep box as well but I can just make one. Pics would be great if possible.

-- Matt, Illinois, http://www.reintroducing.com

#5 posted 08-08-2013 12:51 AM

Matt…I would definitely recommend getting these plates as they really make a difference. Here is a link to my Lumberjock page with the router table I built. It hardly seems like it was 3 1/2 years ago that i built it.
The lift shown in the photo is not the one I currently use. It is now a spare with a 3.5 hp router that I insert in the table for panel raising. My master lift II has a Bosch 1617 and it is best for most applications…

View PRGDesigns's profile

PRGDesigns

#6 posted 08-08-2013 05:16 AM

Incra is just a few miles from my house, so I get the privilege of picking my stuff up from them directly and usually sneak into the “war room” to see what they are working on next. If you make it to Dallas it is well worth it to go by there and try to see Perry. You will walk away smarter than when you went in.

-- They call me Mr. Silly

#7 posted 08-08-2013 05:21 AM

Silly…I hope to get to visit Incra one day soon. I have spoken too Perry several times and enjoyed our conversations. I am applying to shows in the Dallas and Ft. Worth area and if get juried in and get into the shows I will most certainly stop by Incra.
I have a good bit of their products and every one is very impressive quality.

View Steve Rosenlund's profile

Steve Rosenlund

#8 posted 10-27-2013 03:03 PM

Where did you get these? I looked at rockler and amazon with no luck

#9 posted 10-27-2013 04:06 PM