Clean flat bottom cuts

Review by twc posted 07-27-2013 11:13 PM 2420 views 4 times favorited 8 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Clean flat bottom cuts No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

I am always looking for new more efficient ways to complete my projects. Lately I have been doing a lot of shaker style doors with stub-tenon and groove joinery. That’s where this blade comes in. It makes super clean cuts with perfectly flat bottoms. On their website it is shown cutting tenon shoulders in a single pass. I have not done anything bigger then a stub tenon but I think it would excel at larger tenons as well. I would definitely recommend this to anyone that likes to cut joinery on their table saw.

View twc's profile

twc

#1 posted 07-28-2013 03:11 AM

” It makes super clean cuts with perfectly flat bottoms.”

Great “review”......thanks

View twc's profile

twc

#2 posted 07-28-2013 04:34 AM

Dusty56,

As a follow up to your comment which based on the quotation marks I assume is sarcasim. I purchased this product and have had good results so I thought that I would share that with the Lumberjocks community.

As for my review the flat bottoms that I refer to is in regards to dados and grooves. Having a flat bottom to a groove or dado is very important in woodworking and helps maintain square assemblies. Also the clean cuts refers to the fact that I experienced no tear out on any of the cuts made with this blade so far.

Tyler

View dustyal's profile

dustyal

#3 posted 07-28-2013 01:26 PM

Interesting…. haven’t noticed this brand… they have a .25 thick blade… good for box bottom groves. I have bench top saw, and arbor can’t candle dado blade set… this might work for me. Thanks for posting.

-- Al H. - small shop, small projects...

View CampD's profile

CampD

#4 posted 07-28-2013 01:29 PM

I’ve been looking for a flat bottom blade for just the same propose.
Will check it out,
Thanks

-- Doug...

View TheOldTimer's profile

TheOldTimer

#5 posted 07-29-2013 07:53 PM

This blade looks very interesting. I have been looking at there dado set as mine is 20+ years old. Very expensive set and My only concern is sharpening. I understand that some shops are not set up to sharpen these types of chippers.

-- TheOldTimer,Chandler Arizona

View steliart's profile

steliart

#6 posted 07-30-2013 08:16 AM

I have a short arbor too (European TS), this is a good blade to have in mind… Favorited
thanks

-- Stelios L.A. Stavrinides: - I am not so rich to buy cheap tools, but... necessity is the mother of inventions - http://www.steliart.com --

15337 posts in 1940 days

#7 posted 07-31-2013 08:49 AM

Nice review….

View abie's profile

abie

#8 posted 07-31-2013 02:59 PM

My local blade sharpener( Concord CA) will put a flat bottom any blade,
in fact he sell all kinds.
$10.00 per blade.

-- Bruce. a mind is like a book it is only useful when open.