Clean flat bottom cuts

Review by twc posted 366 days ago 2236 views 4 times favorited 8 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Clean flat bottom cuts No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

I am always looking for new more efficient ways to complete my projects. Lately I have been doing a lot of shaker style doors with stub-tenon and groove joinery. That’s where this blade comes in. It makes super clean cuts with perfectly flat bottoms. On their website it is shown cutting tenon shoulders in a single pass. I have not done anything bigger then a stub tenon but I think it would excel at larger tenons as well. I would definitely recommend this to anyone that likes to cut joinery on their table saw.

View twc's profile

twc

” It makes super clean cuts with perfectly flat bottoms.”

Great “review”......thanks

View twc's profile

twc

Dusty56,

As a follow up to your comment which based on the quotation marks I assume is sarcasim. I purchased this product and have had good results so I thought that I would share that with the Lumberjocks community.

As for my review the flat bottoms that I refer to is in regards to dados and grooves. Having a flat bottom to a groove or dado is very important in woodworking and helps maintain square assemblies. Also the clean cuts refers to the fact that I experienced no tear out on any of the cuts made with this blade so far.

Tyler

View dustyal's profile

dustyal

1195 posts in 2076 days

Interesting…. haven’t noticed this brand… they have a .25 thick blade… good for box bottom groves. I have bench top saw, and arbor can’t candle dado blade set… this might work for me. Thanks for posting.

-- Al H. - small shop, small projects...

View CampD's profile

CampD

1194 posts in 2087 days

I’ve been looking for a flat bottom blade for just the same propose.
Will check it out,
Thanks

-- Doug...

View TheOldTimer's profile

TheOldTimer

This blade looks very interesting. I have been looking at there dado set as mine is 20+ years old. Very expensive set and My only concern is sharpening. I understand that some shops are not set up to sharpen these types of chippers.

-- TheOldTimer,Chandler Arizona

View steliart's profile

steliart

I have a short arbor too (European TS), this is a good blade to have in mind… Favorited
thanks

-- Stelios L.A. Stavrinides: - I am not so rich to buy cheap tools, but... necessity is the mother of inventions - http://www.steliart.com --

Nice review….

View abie's profile

abie

My local blade sharpener( Concord CA) will put a flat bottom any blade,
in fact he sell all kinds.
$10.00 per blade.

-- Bruce. a mind is like a book it is only useful when open.