First Re-Saw with this blade

Review by Adam posted 07-23-2013 12:42 AM 1907 views 0 times favorited 7 comments Add to Favorites Watch
First Re-Saw with this blade First Re-Saw with this blade First Re-Saw with this blade Click the pictures to enlarge them

I had purchased a 1 hp King bandsaw for $80 off Kijiji (Canada’s Craig List) and gage it a complete overhaul and added a 6” riser kit to it. I purchased a Little Ripper Bandsaw blade for $36 from R&D Bandsaws are located in Brampton, Ontario, just 30 min from me.

This is my first real experience re-sawing anything substantial with it and it worked very well. This is 12” of hard maple and the surface finish is not the best but that is because I kept on stopping a starting. It was slow going with just a 1 hp motor but I would have never gotten though this material if I had not purchased this blade. Overall it was a good purchase.

-- Adam, St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada

View Adam's profile

Adam

View Surfside's profile

Surfside

#1 posted 07-23-2013 08:57 PM

The results look great. Nice resawing. Great review.

View WayneC's profile

WayneC

#2 posted 07-23-2013 09:03 PM

-- We must guard our enthusiasm as we would our life - James Krenov

View Howie's profile

Howie

#3 posted 07-23-2013 11:53 PM

Tell more about the blade. TPI? blade width? Overall doesn’t look that bad in the picture.

-- Life is good.

#4 posted 07-24-2013 03:11 AM

Your link doesn’t work at this time ;
Not Found

The requested URL /who was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Apache Server at www.tufftooth.com Port 80

Tell us something about the blade that makes it worth 4 stars. That’s what makes it a “review”. Was this your one and only cut with the blade ? How many tpi , raker , skip tooth, or what type of blade ? : ) Thanks.

View OakHill's profile

OakHill

#5 posted 07-24-2013 10:23 AM

Thanks for the review. I made a copy of the info for my band saw file.

-- John, Illinois, http://OakHillWoodCreations.com

View Adam's profile

Adam

#6 posted 07-24-2013 08:32 PM

The Website is http://www.tufftooth.com/

The Blade is 5/8” x .025” x 3TPI and is tungsten impregnated silicon blade. The website states that it will make the cut cleaner and faster than a normal band saw blade. Extra hard, stays sharp and cuts straight. It is extra wide to add stiffness to the blade, has a thin kerf and cuts extremely smooth. All of which I experienced when using it and after cutting through 4 pieces of this hard maple the blade seems just as asharp as when I started.

-- Adam, St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada

#7 posted 07-24-2013 10:58 PM

Nice job, Adam . Thanks for the link and the info : )