Good small reference for newbies or anyone

Review by rhybeka posted 07-07-2013 04:54 PM 1189 views 1 time favorited 1 comment Add to Favorites Watch
Good small reference for newbies or anyone No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

So I haven’t been able to get into my shop lately due to other projects going on. I was at the library yesterday and happened upon this book by Spike Carlesen. Admittedly I’ve only read through the first three sections, but I’ve enjoyed the conversational/q&a style writing as well as some of the ideas it’s given me. It is definitely geared for woodworking newbies, But would be good review or flip through for others

-- aspiring jill of all trades

View rhybeka's profile

rhybeka

1 comment so far

View Bampei's profile

Bampei

40 posts in 2000 days

#1 posted 07-09-2013 08:55 AM

Just purchased the Kindle version on Amazon, as well as his “Ridiculously Simple Furniture Projects”.

Concur with the original review. Very well written, and both books are well worth the $$. Ran through the FAQ book on a first run, and already picked up some really good tips that I would not have otherwise thought of.

Great additions to my extensive WW library!

-- I dream of a better world, one where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.