A true Pocket Hole Master !!!!!

Review by Routerisstillmyname posted 06-30-2013 06:12 PM 4805 views 1 time favorited 36 comments Add to Favorites Watch
A true Pocket Hole Master !!!!! A true Pocket Hole Master !!!!! A true Pocket Hole Master !!!!! Click the pictures to enlarge them

Well, I’ve resisted buying one of these pocket hole jugs for more years that I can recall mainly because, I never thought I would ever use one and I don’t use screws when making fine furniture. Shop jigs and Tables get a screw here and there but not too often. Any way while I’ve been watching this thing for years, the prices on this have gone up so much the last few years so I decided to get one before it hits the 80+ mark. I didn’t even want to consider the other pocket hole jigs. Right from the beginning I wanted a solid aluminum jig that offered most bang for the $$$$.
And believe me HF jig is all you will ever need. You should see the build quality on this thing nothing out there comes close. no plastic pasrts here. Solid !!! accurate extremely adjustable hole spacing and dept for usual ¾ or thicker wood. just switch between top holes and bottom for fast dept action.Portable extra base. Just download the manual for more details or watch the video. And it comes with all the extras. It’s on sale now and with 20% coupon the price will be in the 50’s.
Just make sure you check the box content for completeness because few low lives are stealing the drill bit or other stuff out of them.

View mantwi's profile

mantwi

#1 posted 06-30-2013 06:26 PM

I have a tight deadline on a kitchen cabinet build and thought I’d give this HF jig a look. Seeing is believing, it is a well made solid device, the price was great and it’s sitting in my truck now. Like you I try to avoid using metal fasteners but since this is a production type project I swallowed my pride. The jig really is well built and finished. I just can’t pay $100.00 plus for a piece of plastic like the kreg jig and I feel like I bought a real tool with the HF jig.

View eddie's profile

eddie

#2 posted 07-01-2013 06:03 AM

was getting ready to get one , now i think it will be this one ,seem to be a lot better built thanks for the review

-- Jesus Is Alright with me

View steliart's profile

steliart

#3 posted 07-01-2013 01:21 PM

nice one

-- Stelios L.A. Stavrinides: - I am not so rich to buy cheap tools, but... necessity is the mother of inventions - http://www.steliart.com --

View dustyal's profile

dustyal

#4 posted 07-01-2013 03:07 PM

Never saw this at HB… so I bought Kreg to do outdoor pieces and a couple of heavy duty cabinets… and I thought I had shopped everywhere. But thanks for review… I have a couple of drill master items… worked for what I needed.

-- Al H. - small shop, small projects...

View AgentTwitch's profile

AgentTwitch

#5 posted 07-01-2013 06:44 PM

I do not know what just happened…I was reading your review, and then all of a sudden I was on Harbor Freight’s website ordering one of these. Didnt even know I needed one…

-- Regards, Norm

View lynng's profile

lynng

#6 posted 07-01-2013 07:01 PM

I have been using this HF jig to build casework for a couple of years. I have not seen one this well built. I use Kreg bits and screws with no problems. I highly recommend it.

-- Lynn, Trenton Maine

View patcollins's profile

patcollins

#7 posted 07-01-2013 09:52 PM

Are the holes that the bit is guided by steel or aluminum?

#8 posted 07-01-2013 11:10 PM

Don’t forget to use the 25% coupon. google it and you’ll find it.

yes the jig is compatable and uses the sae size drill bit as k-jig if you ever need replacment.I prefer the square drive my self but at least HF gives you 100 screwes total and different sizes.when I use those, I’ll go with Sqaure drive type.

Steel. magnet test confirms.

View rfusca's profile

rfusca

#9 posted 07-02-2013 05:27 AM

I have this too and it really is top notch (except the screws that come with it). The fit and finish are very, very nice.

-- Chris S., North Atlanta, GA - woodworker,DBA, cook, photographer

View Wolffarmer's profile

Wolffarmer

393 posts in 1927 days

#10 posted 07-02-2013 12:37 PM

Might be time to start screwing with HF. I also seldom use metal fasteners but when building shop things why not go screw?

-- That was not wormy wood when I started working on it.

View Tennessee's profile

Tennessee

#11 posted 07-02-2013 06:30 PM

Jeez, never been a big Kreg fan, but some of that was due to the cost of the jig. This might change some of my thinking. Heading there in the next couple of days…

-- Paul, Tennessee, http://www.tsunamiguitars.com

View Rick M.'s profile

Rick M.

#12 posted 07-02-2013 07:38 PM

Any pics of the holes it makes?

-- |Statistics show that 100% of people bitten by a snake were close to it.|

View MitchMan's profile

MitchMan

#13 posted 07-02-2013 08:41 PM

I’ve had this for two years and used it on probably twenty projects, it works great, I definitely recommend it. (I’m still curious why people call it a “Kreg Jig”, Kreg doesn’t own the pocket hole!)

#14 posted 07-02-2013 09:07 PM

Jackob poketso jigatto invented pocket hole jig in 1821 but he didn’t know what to call it
he just referred to it as the thing that you hand drill angle hole with and does not fit in the pocket.

View rfusca's profile

rfusca

#15 posted 07-03-2013 05:48 PM

According to wikipedia, pocket holes show up as far back as ancient Egypt..

-- Chris S., North Atlanta, GA - woodworker,DBA, cook, photographer