Shakin' without aching

Review by mummykicks posted 291 days ago 1403 views 1 time favorited 14 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Shakin' without aching No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

Paint can shaker attachment for a sawsall works great. Easy to attach, easy to release, and way easier to shake spray paint up. If you use a decent amount of spraypaint, it’s worth the $$$, even if you only use it occasionally I think you’ll like it.

View mummykicks's profile

mummykicks

View joein10asee's profile

joein10asee

Pretty slick! Where’d you find it? HD? Lowes? Or online? and how much did it cost?
Thanks for sharing

-- Perform A Random Act Of Kindness Today ... Pay It Forward

View TheDane's profile

TheDane

Sells for $18.00 … http://mixkwik.com/

View Christophret's profile

Christophret

easliy shop made.
Idea stolen and probably perfected.
Thanks for posting that.

-- I cut it twice and it's still too short!

View ellen35's profile

ellen35

2544 posts in 1931 days

Next we’ll have something that puts pressure on the spray top… oh, wait… we already have that gun mechanism!
What will people think up next!

-- "Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good." Voltaire

345 posts in 1930 days

I typically velcro my cans to my pickups wheels and drive around town a bit. Currently with 17” wheels, I can load up 12 cans simultaneously. I am however looking at possibly upgrading to 24” wheels so I can shake 16 cans. Once I perfect the velcro color combination and secret attachment apparatus, I’ll move on to patenting it. I’m sure you’ll see me soon on the entrepreneurial TV show called sharks so I can get some cash flow going.

Please don’t share this with anyone else, but I’m also thinking of creating a can with rubberized outside grip, so you can hold these rascally cans in your hands and simply shake it yourself when you’re too far from your vehicle or its out of gas. The secret is the opposed thumbs we all posses and the kinetic energy we can store in our arms.

Again, please don’t share this with anyone else, until I give you all the go ahead. I’ll be sending out a free attachment sample for only the small cost of shipping and handling of $60 to everyone that posts here. It’s that handling thing that’s so expensive.

Scott

345 posts in 1930 days

All kidding aside, and with tendonitis in my right elbow, I think rather than spend $18 dollars for something that could easily be made with a chunk of wood, some velcro and an old blade, I’ll go the easier route and shake the can with my left hand.

View Buckethead's profile

Buckethead

It’s a good idea. Whether one buys, or utilizes their own replication of the concept, I see it as worthwhile.

I’m thinking I’ll use an old demo blade and a rubber strap. Sometimes there are a few cans of product I need to have at the ready. This saves labor and effort, while increasing productivity. What’s not to like?

-- Hi. My name is bucket head and I'm a recovering framing carpenter.

View helluvawreck's profile

helluvawreck

It looks like a pretty good idea. Thanks

helluvawreck aka Charles

View Stephenw's profile

Stephenw

This guy made a really nice one…

Paint Shaker

-- http://www.garagebulletin.com/

View gavinzagreb's profile

gavinzagreb

I normally just shove them in my socks and go for a 2 minute jog. If I don’t have the time for that, I strap them around my dogs neck, he spends 2 minutes trying to shake them off. If he’s asleep, I wrap them in wool and let the cats play with them for a while.

View Tennessee's profile

Tennessee

This looks like something out of “Idea Village”, makers of the Zoomies, and other dubious products we only see on TV. I’d be afraid I would accidently knock it into something while it was on, destroying the top of the can and painting my shop whatever color was in there.
When I get too old to shake up a can of rattle paint with my hands, it’s probably time to hang it up.
Still, if you really want your paint shaken, this is probably the best way.

-- Paul, Tennessee, http://www.tsunamiguitars.com

View mummykicks's profile

mummykicks

Wow. just wow. Can’t believe all the hate towards this thing. You trolls can hate on it all you want, but it is well built and works great. The quick release on the strap is good and easy to use. Well worth it to me for the $18 it cost me, and i get more use out of my sawsall which typically gets bought for one job and then gathers dust.

If you think it’s a waste of money then don’t buy it.

If some need of yours gets fulfilled trolling reviews on lumberjocks, more power to you.

View Sanding2day's profile

Sanding2day

:P Very cool and even worth posting here so I can get my free $60 shipping hand shaker apparatus from Scott. Visualizing the velcro tire shaker was fun, would love to see that done… Will for the time being continue using the patentend opposible thumb and retained kenetic energy for the shake but this is truely a creative solution for shaking up some spray paint… Thanks for sharing…

-- Dan

345 posts in 1930 days

Mummykicks, please don’t take it personally. I’m sure the idea of a paint shaker is awesome for people who use a lot of it. But for some of us, who use a spray can maybe once every couple of years, it’s a little humorous. I was also envisioning a 16 cylinder Allison Aircraft engine, where you just replace the pistons with the cans of paint and run the starter for a half a minute or so. Sometimes I get a little carried away with my satirical view, and I apologize, but the idea of it just made me laugh. I’m sorry it was at your expense. Please accept my apologies.