The new dovetail saw by Roeland Brekelman from Brekelplanes

Review by rkoorman posted 298 days ago 1719 views 0 times favorited 7 comments Add to Favorites Watch
The new dovetail saw by Roeland Brekelman from Brekelplanes The new dovetail saw by Roeland Brekelman from Brekelplanes The new dovetail saw by Roeland Brekelman from Brekelplanes Click the pictures to enlarge them

Today I finally got the chance to try out Roeland his new made dovetail-saw…..What an amazing piece !!! Besides custom-made planes Roeland also builds saw and other tools. This saw is build totally by hand.

This saw is priced at 120 euro’s…I think that is great value for money.

You can find his planes on facebook ” Brekelplanes “

View JustJoe's profile

JustJoe

That doesn’t seem like a bad price to pay for a high quality dovetail saw (although I’m not sure on the whole euro thing. That’s metric right? So you double it and add 32 to get dollars?) But how comfortable is that handle? It looks like the edges are squared off, or is that a trick of the light?

-- This Ad Space For Sale! Your Ad Here! Reach a targeted audience! Affordable Rates, easy financing! Contact an ad represenative today at JustJoe's Advertising Consortium.

rkoorman

Justjoe, I think the price is 163 us- dollar.

The handle is rounded over, not square !

If you want this saw also than send me message and I’ll forward it to Roeland himself.

View Schwieb's profile

Schwieb

1416 posts in 1967 days

Beautiful saw Rick. When I come to Europe again. I will make a plan to visit him and pick out a nice German tool.

-- Dr. Ken, Florida - Durch harte arbeit werden Träume wahr.

rkoorman

Schwieb : German ?? No…..It’s a dutch product !!! If you like I can maybe send you one ? No problem !!

View felkadelic's profile

felkadelic

Interesting handle. I wouldn’t think it would be correct ergonomically

rkoorman

I fits my hand perfectly…...Offcourse everyones hand is different…

View Brandon's profile

Brandon

What a whimsical design! It really is nice, but I wonder what the benefit is to having the handle so high in relation to the saw plate. Wouldn’t it be harder to see where you want to cut?

-- "hold fast to that which is good"