It Sucks...And That's a Good Thing

Review by Matthew Parker posted 06-17-2013 05:41 AM 4564 views 0 times favorited 4 comments Add to Favorites Watch
It Sucks...And That's a Good Thing It Sucks...And That's a Good Thing No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

I’ve had this DC for 9 months now and have emptied the barrel 4 times which should give you an idea how much I use the thing. Another key point about my usage is that I don’t have any ductwork. I connect the DC directly to the tool I am using at the time. I have it hooked up to a 110v 30A outlet which has not tripped during my use.

Another reviewer said that this DC could suck the chrome off of a trailer hitch. While that is clearly hyperbole they made the point well. I have no problem sucking the dust out of the air while using any tool I have hooked it up to including; RAS, Planer, Jointer, Band Saw, Router Table.

I recently compared the suction to my Dad’s 2HP Grizz with the fabric bag and there is a wide gap in performance. My DC collects so much more dust than his it’s almost unbelievable. I have no regrets with this grizz and would highly recommend it as long as you are not planning on an extensive ducting system.

Why not five stars, well there’s a couple of gripes.

1. The instructions left a bit to be desired. Grizz included the component shown below which I did not find in the instructions and which I cannot for the life of me figure out how to use. Everything works well without it so it must not be required…

2. They include a 6” to 5” adapter but not a 6” to 4” which is probably the most common size of hose that will be hooked up to this DC.

View Matthew Parker's profile

Matthew Parker

View Scott Oldre's profile

Scott Oldre

#1 posted 06-17-2013 12:06 PM

Page 16 in the manual. It’s the “collection drum bag seat”, Page 20 shows how it’s installed. According to the manual, there’s also a restrictor that is used for running 110. Could that be the 6” to 5” adapter you’re talking about?

-- Scott, Irmo SC

#2 posted 06-18-2013 05:22 PM

Thanks for the review, it looks like a good unit.
Odd they don’t include a 4” fitting.

View michelletwo's profile

michelletwo

#3 posted 06-19-2013 02:38 PM

110 with a 30 amp? seems wierd to me. Is is supposed to run on 220? glad it works well for you

-- We call the destruction of replaceable human made items vandalism, while the destruction of irreplaceable natural resources is called development.

View Matthew Parker's profile

Matthew Parker

#4 posted 06-19-2013 02:42 PM

Yep it comes wired for 110v from grizzly. They say you can use it on a 20a breaker with the 6 to 5 reducer but I have not verified that.