SawStop Customer Service A+++

Review by SKlaus posted 05-21-2013 03:07 PM 4775 views 1 time favorited 11 comments Add to Favorites Watch
SawStop Customer Service A+++ No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

Hey everybody, just wanted to inform you all of my experience this afternoon with a sawstop rep in case you are looking into investing in a new table saw or have to call for some help with the one you have.

I have an older model contractor saw and I just ordered the dado brake through amazon.com. Well I was setting it up to cut, and kept getting a series of lights indicating that the brake was either to far away or to close the blade. I was not able to get it zoned in just right. So after reading the manual, and trying everything I could, i figured it was time for a phone call.

I called the 800 number and immediately a delightful representative directed my call to tech support. 2 rings in, a Mr. Garcia picked up the phone. I explained my situation and he was very understanding of my complaint. I gave him the serial code to my brake cartridge. After doing so he gave me a detailed explanation as to what happened. Apparently there is a programming issue with the cartridge as it is an earlier model (probably not one of amazons most moved items… Maybe it was on the shelf for a bit when they sent it to me). He graciously is sending me a new one, and a return slip for the old one. He also, based on the serial number of my saw, said that if it were just a bit older they would automatically upgrade the switch/brain for the saw as well which suprised me.

If this were not enough, he even emailed me his personal plan/idea in PDF form for an addition to ease cleaning and vacuming of the height adjustment screw that can sometimes get gummed up.

Mr. Garcia was very professional and courteous. You can tell by the way he communicated that he cares about the craft and loves the product that he supports.

If you are on the fence about a new saw, please consider customer service for WHEN not IF your saw has an issue. SawStop is worth more than a look just on that fact alone…

Thanks for reading!!

-- 2 Timothy 2:15 "Be diligent to present yourself approved to God, a worker who does not need to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth."

View Fallon's profile

Fallon

#1 posted 05-21-2013 03:39 PM

Anybody can make something.
Making good quality stuff is a fair bit harder.
Good support & follow through (no matter what quality of stuff you make) is the hardest to come by.

View Cole Tallerman's profile

Cole Tallerman

#2 posted 05-21-2013 04:54 PM

Mr Garcia has helped me many times. Very professional and great to deal with. He took my number and texted me per request from his personal phone to let me know that my issue had been resolved.

#3 posted 05-21-2013 05:43 PM

Yes he has been great. By the way I didnt explain my issue in detail… the dado brake serial number ended with “d15”... apparently they were trying to program thr brake so that the machine would essentially tell you if the brake is to far or to close to the blade. But what they did not anticipate were the issues with things like signal strength and blade size/density that would throw off its accuracy making it impossible to turn the saw on.

So if anyone is having issues with a brake with the number 15 as the last digits in the serial code … might want to call them up and talk to them… I promise… they are easy to get a hold of

#4 posted 05-21-2013 06:05 PM

Thanks for the review, it’s great to hear positive things about a companies CS . If only other companies would take note that don’t offer this level of service they might get similar results in the way of positive reviews and perhaps increases in their sales.

View Ottacat's profile

Ottacat

#5 posted 05-21-2013 06:18 PM

SawStop is a breath of fresh air in this industry which is still mostly selling equipment designed 30 years ago. This company actually designed the product it sells and has also realized that customer service is important. These are the two biggest reasons I bought mine and I have been very happy with my purchase.

#6 posted 05-21-2013 06:33 PM

Absolutley! I dont think that customer expects a product to last forever or never have issues…. But you have to stand behind your product and correct and fix any wrongs or short sightings on your part as the producer… and I think they do that well… I would do the same with anything I build for someone else as well, im sure most of you pros out there agree…

#7 posted 05-22-2013 02:32 AM

Congrats on getting the issue resolved so fast

-- Norman

View ward63's profile

ward63

#8 posted 05-22-2013 02:53 AM

What a dream! If only they were available in Japan.

View mbs's profile

mbs

#9 posted 05-22-2013 04:45 AM

I’ve had great customer support from them and I was pleasantly surprised that their parts are priced reasonably too. I needed to switch motors from a 3 phase to single phase and the cost of the SS shipped motor was significantly less than the cost of a local motor that I would have to modify. And their engineers were smart enough to design one electronic module to support the 3 ph and the single ph systems.

-- Sorry the reply is so long. I didn't have time to write a short reply.

View hcmthree's profile

hcmthree

#10 posted 05-23-2013 03:40 AM

I too have had great experiences with Sawstop customer support. I have the contractors saw, and on two occasions I have had problems with the control box. The first time was due to a loose wire, which was easily corrected while they directed me by phone. The second time they sent a new control box at no charge, even though my machine is several years out of the standard warranty. The people I have dealt with at Sawstop have been fantastic at all levels.

View mcase's profile

mcase

#11 posted 05-28-2013 03:27 AM

SS has the best customer support I have EVER encountered! What a refreshing experience.