Easy to use and does what it's supposed to do.

Review by Bill1974 posted 05-20-2013 08:24 PM 2581 views 0 times favorited 5 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Easy to use and does what it's supposed to do. No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

I have had this biscuit joiner the (JM82) for a few months and it has worked well. It’s easy to adjust and handle. It seem a little more powerful than a porta cable one that I had used, it get up to full speed quicker than the PC.

The case is nice, but the bag location is a little awkward. It would also be nice if there were a better way to store extra biscuits in it. Additionally the cord gets bent pretty tight when put in the case, just past the strain relief on the unit, I cut the case to make it a little easier to wrap the cord up and get it in.

On last thing, the dust/chip collect is fine when working horizontal, but if you are plunging down its good for about 3 grooves, then it fails to put the chips in the bag and the port gets clogged.

You might be wondering why I gave it 4 stars, well the price is a big plus (about $100), and the minuses are not really big issues for me. If I used it more the dust collection would get annoying.

View Bill1974's profile

Bill1974

View cutworm's profile

cutworm

#1 posted 05-21-2013 01:20 AM

Thanks for the post. I have one and like it as well.

-- Steve - "Never Give Up"

View RonInOhio's profile

RonInOhio

#2 posted 05-21-2013 01:31 AM

“The price is a big plus.” Is the price a secret ? I’m sorry. Easy enough to look up. I just have a pet-peeve about reviews that exclude the price. Kind of the whole point . No ?

I see they are available at Home Depot for 99.97. I will assume you paid about that for it.

View tomd's profile

tomd

#3 posted 05-21-2013 02:34 AM

Better read again.

-- Tom D

View RonInOhio's profile

RonInOhio

#4 posted 05-21-2013 02:39 AM

Thanks for adding the price. Good review.

View agallant's profile

agallant

#5 posted 05-21-2013 01:20 PM

I have had one of these for a few years and its great. I see no need to replace/upgrade it anytime soon.