3M Sand Paper 150 gr.

Review by lumberjockey posted 460 days ago 1464 views 0 times favorited 8 comments Add to Favorites Watch
3M Sand Paper 150 gr. 3M Sand Paper 150 gr. 3M Sand Paper 150 gr. Click the pictures to enlarge them

Hello there guys. This is my first review. After reading and learning from the reviews here, I felt that I should contribute something. Even though if it’s as trivial as sandpaper. I bought this sand paper from Lowes. I’ve always used the Norton brand sand papers and I couldn’t find any on the shelves at Lowes. And so I figured sand paper is sand paper. How much difference could there be. And also, it’s from 3M. And 3M is an good company with numerous excellent products.
After using it on 4 different kind of wood, Douglas fir, Alaskan yellow cedar, poplar and maple. I find that it clogs too easily and doesn’t last as long as the Norton. But I did like the “Traction Control Backing” feature. The back side of the sheet has a sticky surface that makes it stick to your hand.
YMMV. I would be sticking with the Norton Brand.

-- Now is the time for all good men to come to the aid of their country.

View lumberjockey's profile

lumberjockey

View Fallon's profile

Fallon

Good to know.

View 404 - Not Found's profile

404 - Not Found

Funny. I buy rolls of 3M Fri-Cut and find it excellent.

View cutworm's profile

cutworm

Thanks for the post.

-- Steve - "Never Give Up"

View johnLT's profile

johnLT

I found the 3M sand paper came up short for me also. I find Norton Sand Papers does last longer and cleaner. Thanks for taking the time to write the review.

View redryder's profile

redryder

I’ve never tried this type of sand paper.
You would think a company like “3M” would rank at the top….....................

-- mike...............

View Paul's profile

Paul

I always use 3M whenever I can. There are many grades of sandpaper, maybe you got hold of the budget kind, if so it should have been made more clear on the packaging.

-- If you say 'It's good enough', it probably isn't.

View Rick M.'s profile

Rick M.

For years I’ve used 3M and a few other brands here and there but recently tried Norton… lasts longer, less loading, cuts faster, it’s just far superior. The difference is remarkable on the lathe. I can’t say Norton is the best paper made (I haven’t tried them all) but it’s the best paper I’ve used. I do agree, the back of Norton paper is slicker than snot compared to 3M.

-- |Statistics show that 100% of people bitten by a snake were close to it.|

View oldnovice's profile

oldnovice

3684 posts in 1993 days

Norton is part of Saint-Gobain which share some business sectors with 3M.

I have used both and I really like the new 3M micro grits. I also like the Norton flexible sanding pads … not the sanding sponges, these are pads.

Take a look at the Norton division of Saint-Gobain web site and you will see the breadth of their products … impressive to say the least.

-- "I never met a board I didn't like!"