Customer service

Review by Sawdust2 posted 05-30-2008 03:03 AM 1274 views 0 times favorited 5 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Customer service No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

My Jet bandsaw is coming on 4 years old. I know because I bought it at the IWF in 2004.
It has the “Carter-style” roller guides.
The lower guides adjust on a cam to get close to the blade.
There are a number of folks I let use my saw but I will accept responsibility for not loosening the adjusting nut. In any case, the cam broke.
First call to Jet got me a very nice, but unknowledgeable young lady who passed me over to a guy in service who said that he would fax me a parts list. (Nowhere on Jet’s website is the parts list for the roller guide.) A couple of days go by with no parts list so I called again to the direct number I had been given. It rolled over to a very helpful man who, that afternoon, emailed the manual for the Powermatic 14” bandsaw.
While it, too, did not have a parts list it did have a picture showing how to adjust the roller guide.
I sent back an email with the page and illustration and the photo attached here. I told him I would call the next morning and give him a credit card number for the part.
Before I got in the office on Wednesday he had replied that he had the part, it was on the way, gratis, and that it would probably be here today. It got here this afternoon and the saw is again functional.
We hear often about customer NON-service. We also need to talk about good customer service.

Lee Storesund

-- No piece is cut too short. It was meant for a smaller project.

View Sawdust2's profile

Sawdust2

View jockmike2's profile

jockmike2

#1 posted 05-30-2008 10:36 AM

That is similar to my experience with Stanley Bostitch. They saw my complaint about my problem with their compressor I was having here on Lumberjocks, and the Director of Product Developement sent me an e-mail wanting to know what he could do to make things right. Now that gets a persons attention, and you know that guy is going to tell all his buddies about the great deal he got, so thats what good PR does for you. You probably remember all that, it was’nt that long ago, but it bears repeating. It’s good to know other companies are into good PR too. A lot are not. Like Delta. mike

-- (You just have to please the man in the Mirror) Mike from Michigan -

View motthunter's profile

motthunter

#2 posted 05-30-2008 12:03 PM

I am always pleased when the rare company gives good service in English.. or at least a non punjabi version of English. Thanks for letting us know.

-- making sawdust....

View Dominic Vanacora's profile

Dominic Vanacora

#3 posted 05-30-2008 10:12 PM

I own a Jet tablesaw and this story make me feel goooood. Thanks

-- Dominic, Trinity, Florida...Lets be safe out there.

View teenagewoodworker's profile

teenagewoodworker

#4 posted 05-30-2008 11:17 PM

thanks, its always good to know that there is good customer service backing up your tool if something is to go wrong!

View Kipster's profile

Kipster

#5 posted 06-01-2008 05:06 AM

It is good to hear that Jet is in the game for keeps. Thanks for the post.

-- Kip Northern Illinois ( If you don't know where your goin any road will take you there) George Harrison