SawStop Review

Review by Dan Katz posted 05-11-2013 10:49 PM 8325 views 0 times favorited 26 comments Add to Favorites Watch
SawStop Review SawStop Review SawStop Review Click the pictures to enlarge them

Hi Guys,

I recently posted that I had pulled the plug on my old Delta Contactors saw.
For my 64th birthday my Dad who is 90 bought me a new SawStop.
Since I don’t have any insurance I convinced him that it would be a good investment.
It was purchased through Highland Woodworking in Atlanta.
Everything arrived in perfect shape.
I planned on using my Incra TSLS fence, so ordered the shorter Pro-Glide.
Sawstop will not sell a PCS without a fence. (ICS maybe)
Set up was easy. Attaching the cast iron wings was made easier by using the rails to align.
It’s up and running but haven’t cut a board yet.
I used some of the bolts that came with the Pro-Glide to mount the TSLS brackets.
The rails are attached to the main table and right wing only as I hope to add an
Exaktor EX26X Sliding table later by simply sliding the rails over.
I still have the old Delta and may set it up as a router station and may need it for the molding head
function but would really like to switch to only a router based system. Any thoughts?

-- VillageCarver,Chattanooga

View Dan Katz's profile

Dan Katz

View Mip's profile

#1 posted 05-12-2013 12:21 AM

I like the title of this article; got a good chuckle.

View nailbanger2's profile

#2 posted 05-12-2013 12:30 AM

“haven’t cut a board yet” . Thanks for the review. I guess I should be grateful this wasn’t posted as a project. ho hum

-- Wish I were Norm's Nephew

View whitebeast88's profile

#3 posted 05-12-2013 02:21 AM

congrats on the new saw.
+1 on mip.

-- Marty.Athens,AL

#4 posted 05-12-2013 02:24 AM

I bought a Ninja blender today, haven’t used it yet but I give it 5 stars.

View longgone's profile

#5 posted 05-12-2013 03:59 AM

congratulations on your new saw…Great setup…I also just bought the SawStop Pro and did the same thing by using my Incra and accuracy. A great combination. I have been giving it a good workout am really impressed with its quality and precision.

View eddy's profile

#6 posted 05-12-2013 01:32 PM

nice review just got the same saw and installed my incra to it. made some modifcations so i can route at the right side and not have to move the fence positioner here is a pic just a thought for you to think about

-- self proclaimed copycat

View Bogeyguy's profile

#7 posted 05-12-2013 01:56 PM

Should have asked dad to buy you health insurance until your medicare kicked in.

-- Art, Pittsburgh.

View knothead's profile

#8 posted 05-12-2013 02:11 PM

Ah O’Blame-o care – the biggest stab at personal freedom since Mao….....Great saw you will like working with it

-- So Much Wood - So Little Time! --

View poopiekat's profile

#9 posted 05-13-2013 12:48 AM

Will Obamacare make SawStop obsolete? Just Wondering.

#10 posted 05-13-2013 01:08 AM

Tablesaw accidents are user error.

#11 posted 05-13-2013 01:37 AM

Ha Ha Ha that’s funny Rick ,I’ve never seen a saw cross cut or rip by itself, of course it’s user error.

-- Custom furniture

4994 posts in 2038 days

#12 posted 05-13-2013 02:13 AM

Congrats, great reason

-- Norman

View rockinmichael's profile

#13 posted 05-13-2013 02:32 AM

I couldn’t agree more with the title.

View YanktonSD's profile

#14 posted 05-13-2013 03:10 AM

I love the title.. sad but true! Obamacare is making many people fear becoming sick or injured!

#15 posted 05-13-2013 04:04 AM

Jim, I don’t think it’s funny. I’ve seen plenty of photos and videos where someone put their hand right in front of the blade to push a board, crosscut using the fence, ripping wet lumber or other improper use.